Plantronics Pc-Audio 300 Desktop Microfone is deffective?
Sep 21, 2012 at 8:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

NateCordova

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I hope this is the right place to post this and hope you can help me out, even though this is a headphone forum.

I bought a Plantronics PC-Audio 300 Desktop Microfone. It was cheap, 15 euro, its the typical 1/8 jack microfone for skype use.

However, the sound is SO LOW that it doesn't even capture a single thing from my voice even if im breathing into it. My soundcard is a M-Audo Fast Track Pro. The input gain is maxed, not padded. The adapters and conections are fine.

However, the microfone "sort of works" on the old pc soundcard, but only with the volume maxed and a gain boost at 30db, and i must not speak over 10 cm distance.

Is this normal or i have a deffective unit here?

Sep 23, 2012 at 4:47 AM Post #2 of 2
There is a microphone boost thing in windows. If you haven't activate, it can sound like that. I am not talking about the boost level.

Assuming you are in windows 7, the custom tab hold the boost setting you should apply.

I am not a fan of plantronics equipement. I must have had 5-6 headphone and the like from them and they all ended up dying rapidly. From my experience their quality is abyssmal. I hope you don't have a defective unit but with what I have seen I wouldn't be surprises.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back