Planned to buy new Nano, Came home with this instead.
Oct 13, 2009 at 11:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Dobber

Head-Fier
Was in our local super Wal-Mart last weekend, And thought I would wander through the electronics dept. Since it was my birthday I thought I would treat myself to a new nano. As i was looking through the locked glass door at the nanos all lined up in their little coffins something caught my eye from the bottom shelf. A poor lonely & unwanted Sony NWZ-A726 marked with a clearance price of about half a nano. So glad I chanced upon this thing. It sounds so much better than my ipods. Though throwing the Shellbrook Super Mini into the mix changes things.

Oct 13, 2009 at 12:21 PM Post #2 of 7
Nice score, though I'm not a fan of Sony anything, as their quality has dropped significantly. However, it is always worth checking the lower and bottom shelves when shopping for interesting bargains that didn't get the middle-shelf marketing treatment.

Oct 13, 2009 at 12:31 PM Post #3 of 7
I haven't had a problem with either of my Sony DAPs, and one is the NWZ-S738, sibling of your A series. Having heard the current Nano, I can assure you that you will be much happier with the Sony.

Oct 13, 2009 at 1:42 PM Post #4 of 7
Personally my NWZ-A816 is one of the best dap's I've ever owned.....

The NWZ-A726 should have come with Sony's EX-style earphones that are more than usable, plus they put Apple's white offerings to shame. - Combined with superb battery life, I'm sure you'll be very pleased with it - Enjoy.

Oct 13, 2009 at 5:37 PM Post #6 of 7
Yeah the included buds are very good indeed. Been listening mostly with my ER-6i though.
It's nice to have a good EQ & the clear bass to pump a little life into the bottom end.
With my portapros & sportapros though I just leave the EQ off.
Battery life is ridiculous, maybe this thing could solve the energy crisis.

Since I run a Mac I wan't sure how this would work for me, But it's working far better than I ever managed to get sonic stage to work when I had WinXP & Sony MDs + NW-E75?
Just drag the songs right out of itunes and drop them into the MUSIC folder of the Sony.

Oct 13, 2009 at 6:26 PM Post #7 of 7
I will have to agree, the sounds quality of the Sony's is fantastic amped or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back