Planar headphones for gaming.
Jun 11, 2018 at 2:23 PM Post #33 of 40
I just switched to a pair of open-back instead of close-back. It's so much better, especially for soundstage. I was previously using a pair of MrSpeakers Aeon. Now that I switched to a pair of Ether I don't think I can ever go back.

Jan 23, 2019 at 8:59 AM Post #34 of 40
People have commented on the comfort of headphones for long gaming sessions.

I am interested in getting the Hifiman He 4xx. How do these last during the longer gaming sessions. Anything from 4-12+ hours.

I used to own a pair of MDr Ma900 (I would buy these again in a heartbeat) and they were incredibly comfortable.

Currently using a pair of K240's whilst I try to find a headphone for gaming.

Mar 2, 2019 at 3:38 AM Post #35 of 40
I game with my HiFiMan HE1000. I use an Antlion Modmic with it routed through an Astro MixAmp for chat volume control, an old JVC/Victor SU-DH1 Dolby Headphone processor for surround sound (will switch to Smyth Research A16 when it eventually ships to me), and output the audio to my HeadAmp GSX mk2.

Mar 6, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #36 of 40
Back in the day in one my very first forays into hifi audio, I remember scrapping my old Skullcandy gaming headphones and trying the whole planar-magnetic setup. It was an Audeze EL-8Ti I bought on sale from Apple and it claimed to be so low impedance that your phone could drive them. I'm not sure about that but all I do know is that I will never forget the seclusion from the outside surroundings as soon as I put those massive closed-backs on. It was like putting on ear mufflers. The sound was way better than any Skullcandy I've ever heard, but it was also ten times more expensive too.

Jul 17, 2019 at 5:50 AM Post #39 of 40
Im probably gonna get a pair of LCD-X, anyone know if they would be good for driving sims like GTsport on ps4? Also, may even use it with my Japanese super famicom mini haha

Jul 18, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #40 of 40
For non-serious gaming sessions such as GT Sport, I use my Sony MDR7510, it is not a planar headphone, but it has a very clear, balanced sound signature and is very affordable. When I want to get immersed in a game and enjoy it to the max, i'll use my B&W P9 Signature, which is also not a planar headphone, but the surround sound capabilities of this headphone is insane, in my opinion. As you have probably guessed by now, I prefer dynamic headphones, but a good planar for gaming I can recommend - and as a bonus it is very affordable - is the Fostex T50RP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back