Places to visit/see in New York City?
Mar 17, 2006 at 11:41 PM Post #31 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey
For next time, and for future visitors, do yourself a favor and take a ride on the Staten Island Ferry. Best bang-for-your-buck sightseeing experience there is in NYC.

Cuz it's free!
eggosmile.gif

Mar 18, 2006 at 2:19 AM Post #32 of 40
Quote:

You definitely need to walk around Central Park. Also visit the museum mile.

what he said.would be a crime to visit the big apple and not take in the museums which are world class.My fav all time is the american Museum of Natural History.I could live in there and never feel a need to leave there is so much to see and know !

Also do the Intrepid Air craft Carrier.those babies look nothing in the flesh as they do up close and personal.I ahve a buddy that did deck duty on a carrier in 'Nam and until i stepped foot on the deck of the intepid could not really relate to the stories he would tell me.Once i could see and touch it all the visuals gained meaning
icon10.gif

Mar 18, 2006 at 5:02 AM Post #33 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax
oh man, i hate being sick on vacation... and it always happens to me.

still, sounds like you got see a decent amount, and the weather has been pretty darn good. did you go out to eat at all or see any shows?

what was your favorite place? what'd you think of the city in general?

I ate out at a few restaurants, but it was nothing special. I saw The Producers and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels as my first two Broadway shows ever, and they were incredible. Being at a show where everyone was not a hair out of tune was very very cool.

My favorite place? None in particular, but MoMA was very cool, even though I'm no art fanatic by any means. In general I really liked the city, with the exception of some of the people. A few times my mom and I would be paying for something, we smile, and the cashier just stares at us with a look of, "why are you still here." It was very jarring to see that the person didn't return a smile, but instead just glared at us to get out.

Mar 18, 2006 at 5:19 AM Post #34 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by hembergler
It was very jarring to see that the person didn't return a smile, but instead just glared at us to get out.

That's how we smile.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 18, 2006 at 5:57 AM Post #35 of 40
Quote:

A few times my mom and I would be paying for something, we smile, and the cashier just stares at us with a look of, "why are you still here." It was very jarring to see that the person didn't return a smile, but instead just glared at us to get out.

You'd really love the Southern hospitality, then
biggrin.gif

Mar 20, 2006 at 2:30 AM Post #36 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teerawit
You'd really love the Southern hospitality, then
biggrin.gif

rolleyes.gif

Mar 20, 2006 at 2:58 AM Post #37 of 40
Quote:

rolleyes.gif

confused.gif

translation: "we're friendly people"

Mar 20, 2006 at 4:37 AM Post #38 of 40
Oh, I apologize, my sarcamometer failed on me.
icon10.gif

May 7, 2021 at 2:11 AM Post #40 of 40
In recent years, I’ve been really enjoying Brooklyn, particularly in the Williamsburg area.

I also really like the Washington Heights area going towards the border of the Bronx.

Also, don’t be afraid of rude New Yorkers. I’ve been yelled at many times by strangers for riding my bicycle on the side walk.

One time at a bar, some guy bought me a shot of very expensive $26 cognac (per shot). It was nice of him to do so,

You never know what will happen in the city. It’s part of the adventure.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back