Places to visit in Japan?
Jul 12, 2005 at 10:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

pretzel

Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I'll be going over to Japan (staying in Osaka) for about 2.5 weeks on August 6th. If anyone has been over to Japan it would be greatly appreciated if you could list some interesting/fun/awesome places to go to while i'm there. It doesn't have to be Osaka specifc places.

Thankyou!
Simon

Jul 12, 2005 at 11:25 AM Post #2 of 3
Do you like walking? Asuka 飛鳥 is interesting. It's in Nara. That's not too far from Osaka. I think it was around 1.5 hours from Kyoto station. It's just in the sticks so you'll need a good map. Asukadera 飛鳥寺 has the oldest daibutu in japan. Also kinkakuji 金閣寺 and ginkakuji 銀閣寺 are cool. First one is gold plated, second one (I preferred it) is just peaceful and prettier. I got a lovely view of kyoto from it.

nijo-jo . It's in kyoto. Also there's kyoto gosho. It's not far from marutamachi station which is one after sanjo. You can walk if you want, along kamogawa. I did that a lot and got sore feet. I think you just miss out on gion festival, i think it finishes soon or already did. 7th? 17th? 27th?

osaka. there's denden town. electronics fest. Or if you feel like checking out the umeda yodobashi it's huge and electronics filled. They sell some stax.

And buy some mos burger. yummy mos burger.....

For some records, there's a few used CD shops around, one of which is beaver records. ther'es one in namba-nannan town. Otherwise it's a nice round 3059 yen per CD.

Oh, and spa world is in osaka somewhere. I forgot where. doubutuenmae station mean anything? it's around there. I didn't understand the magnet thing which is a bar tab of sorts and the guy didn't understand my japanese. I was embarrassed and it makes me go red even now. Ugh. Doubt my jap is any better, even though I got an A in uni. Meaningless rant, hehe.

Have fun. You make me recall everything about my trip!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back