Places to buy headphones in Hong Kong
Dec 29, 2008 at 1:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

thedauntlessone

100+ Head-Fier
I'm here for vacation for a couple of weeks and I just want to look around to check out the prices in Hong Kong. I'm living in TST so places close to TST would be a plus but I am willing to travel to other places as well.

Thanks.

Dec 29, 2008 at 1:47 AM Post #2 of 11
I think this guy is called Mingo.
I've been to his shop before and its a small shop with a decent headphone range.

Flat 1602 16/ F Good Hope Building No 5 Sai Yeung Choi Street South Monk Kok Kowloon Hong Kong
九龍旺角西洋菜南街 5 號 好望角大廈 16 樓 1602 室
(The Chinese is jsut incase you can show a local or police officer to help you)
Open Monday-Saturday
1PM-9PM but doors close at 845PM.

This one is called Kingsound Audio.
I got my K701's from them while I was in HK.

Shop Address: Room 1202-03 Golden Era Plaza, 39 Sai Yee Street, MongKok, HongKong

business Hour: Monday to Sunday 1:00pm to 8:30 pm

Hope this helps
biggrin.gif

Dec 29, 2008 at 1:48 AM Post #3 of 11
Hey the closet place to you would be Mong Kok (which can be easily acessed via MTR). It has 3 stores that I know of: Mingo's (www.mingo-hmw.net), Kingsound (香港金è²è€³ç*’專門店-世界å牌耳ç*’耳機直銷 Westone, UE, Etymotic, Jays, Shure, AKG, Sennheiser,Audio-Technica) and AV2000 which is in Dek Fat Shopping Arcade (¼wµo¤j·H, ¤EÀs³qµæµó61¸¹ - Google ¦a¹Ï).

PS: Try searching before posting a new thread
wink_face.gif
. There's been an explosion of similar threads recently. You can find more details in those other threads as well.

Dec 29, 2008 at 3:34 AM Post #4 of 11
What exactly are you looking to buy? Headphones (genuine at least) are not especially cheap here. Mingo is good because you can try loads of headphones and headphone amps so it's probably a good place to visit.

I think the best thing to buy in Hong Kong is China made amps. This should be significantly cheaper than ordering it from abroad. On the other hand, it would be even cheaper in mainland China so if you're going to visit Shenzhen as well, then it might be best to look there.

Dec 29, 2008 at 7:52 AM Post #5 of 11
I'm actually looking to buy something cheaper. There are a lot of headphones that aren't sold in Canada so I just want to see if there are any good deals for cheaper headphones. It also doesn't hurt looking at some headphone amps though I have more than enough back at home. Anyway, I'll take a look at Mingo. Thanks for the suggestion.

If you see a guy with Ebony Darths that would probably be me lol.

Dec 30, 2008 at 12:46 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoomzDayz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my brother is there this month.. any good place to buy used stax??

no..

Stax is expensive here..

Dec 30, 2008 at 2:54 AM Post #9 of 11
there is the little shop in wan chai 298. 2nd floor.
not sure about the name.
it sells a lot of "water goods" so its much cheaper, but has less warranty etc.

you can take a loook for it, its to the left of the escalator.

Feb 20, 2013 at 1:10 AM Post #11 of 11
I agree.I live in HK island. And i just brought a pair of Grado sr325i in KingSound central shop with a good price and i am happy with my toy.
smily_headphones1.gif

Shop Address:Room 1102,11/F,Century square, 1-13D'augilar Street,Central
Open time: 1:00-9:00PM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back