Place to listen to headphones in Los Angeles, CA
Sep 2, 2009 at 10:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

hellzlegend

New Head-Fier
Anyone know a place that I can listen to different kinds of headphones near Los Angeles? I'm looking to buy a headphone and I figured it would be better to listen to them before I buy them.

Sep 2, 2009 at 10:52 PM Post #2 of 12
Where in LA? Guitar Center has a decent collection, last time I saw a couple of Beyers, and AKGs. Not the highest-end gear, though, and you need to bring your own amp.

Sep 3, 2009 at 1:05 AM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusEx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where in LA? Guitar Center has a decent collection, last time I saw a couple of Beyers, and AKGs. Not the highest-end gear, though, and you need to bring your own amp.

Any where in LA. I'm in La Crescenta where there was/is the fire.

Sep 3, 2009 at 2:52 AM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by cantsleep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
where in la crescenta?
im in 91042

anyways, there's one in santa monica, dxc store or something..

Does that place carry Grado and Sennheisers?

Sep 3, 2009 at 3:02 AM Post #7 of 12
there isnt much in terms of headphones, best would be meets. i havent been to DXC, but west la music and guitar center dont relaly have much. guitar center only has the akg k240 and some beyerdynamics

Sep 3, 2009 at 3:20 AM Post #8 of 12
Yes, try the DXC Store. They're a sponsor and you'll find a link in the column on the side.

Also, I believe there will be another meet next month. You're welcome to come and listen to anything.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 3, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #9 of 12
I haven't been to DXC either, but I would probably say that's one of the better places to go to demo headphones. You can roughly see what they probably have by going to their website. If you're looking for a specific headphone, I'm sure they'll tell you if you call them and ask.

Other than that, I've been to a couple Guitar Centers and they don't have much selection. They have a few, but not much.

If you're looking for Grados in particular, I know for sure the place that I bought my Grados at has the SR series available for demo. The place is called Sound Factor and it's located in Pasadena on Rosemead and Colorado (near the 210). I think they carry some Sennheisers too, but I'm not completely sure about that.

Sep 3, 2009 at 3:35 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by cantsleep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
where in la crescenta?
im in 91042

anyways, there's one in santa monica, dxc store or something..

The DXC store move to Culver City. I was there when they were in Santa Monica and they had a fairly good selection. The owner is nice but some of the employees were either rude or aloof or something, I often thought I would never go back. Like i said the owner was cool so maybe not his fault that the guys were surly and such when he wasn't around......that was in Santa Monica so I don't know if things changed.

Sep 3, 2009 at 4:11 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by yukihiro /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you're looking for Grados in particular, I know for sure the place that I bought my Grados at has the SR series available for demo. The place is called Sound Factor and it's located in Pasadena on Rosemead and Colorado (near the 210). I think they carry some Sennheisers too, but I'm not completely sure about that.

Sound Factor carries headphones?? I never noticed. Only auditioned some Dynaudio and B&W speakers there. I pass by that place everytime I go to Pasadena..

Sep 3, 2009 at 5:18 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusEx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sound Factor carries headphones?? I never noticed. Only auditioned some Dynaudio and B&W speakers there. I pass by that place everytime I go to Pasadena..

Yeah haha. I bought my SR325i's from them. They had to order it from Grado because they don't carry new ones, but they have some to demo. If I remember correctly, they only had the SR series. The headphones that they do have are hanging on the wall behind the counter.

I'm pretty sure they still have them. I haven't been there since last September though. They're listed as one of the official Grado distributors too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back