PK2's now $79?
Dec 11, 2007 at 12:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

phdarch

New Head-Fier
I was going to get these as a present for my nephew (I love mine) and saw that they have gone up in price. This isn't a deal breaker, but it is disappointing. I am reluctant to get him in-ear phones as I think they are unsafe for kids crossing streets etc. Anyone know where I can get them for the old $69 price (from Head Direct, which included shipping)? TIA.

Dec 11, 2007 at 1:09 AM Post #2 of 12
Dec 11, 2007 at 1:21 AM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif

edit: welcome to head-fi, sorry abt ur wallet :p

Thanks and thanks. Of course Audio Line Out wants $10 for shipping
rolleyes.gif
Like I say, not a deal breaker. Head-fi is how I got to the PK2's originally, but I just lurked, never joined. Great forum.

Dec 11, 2007 at 7:27 AM Post #5 of 12
you can even ask Nankai here. his real name is Fang, he runs head-direct

Dec 11, 2007 at 4:36 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Check eBay, head-direct has an eBay store, and I don't know wther it has been updated.

I bought a pair of PK1s last night at the old ($139 +$5 shipping) price from their ebay store. At that time they showed 27 PK1s remaining. When I took a look this morning I found that all of the Yuins prices had been updated. ALO still is showing the old prices.

Dec 11, 2007 at 5:31 PM Post #7 of 12
$79? i bought my pk2 in hong kong, price: 300 HKD ~ 30€ ~ $45. maybe you should ask the shops in HK if they are willing to sell products abroad. i don't know how much the shipping costs are.

Dec 11, 2007 at 8:56 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

yeah

yuins have had a price hike, anyone know why?

probably due to the weakness of the US dollar.

Dec 12, 2007 at 6:18 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by vaper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
probably due to the weakness of the US dollar.

Or maybe the simple-yet-effective business concept that is "supply and demand"...

Dec 12, 2007 at 7:27 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4ki /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or maybe the simple-yet-effective business concept that is "supply and demand"...

dont think Fang will increase the price of the PK2 because of the demand. He's a nice guy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back