PK2 vs OK2 sound and bass?
Nov 11, 2009 at 8:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

xguntherc

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys. I know many people that have one have both or tried both. I have the OK2 and I find the head to large. The design allows u to screw in canals for a IEM type phone. The bigger head struggles to stay in my small ears like the apple stock buds and other similar buds do.

I am returning the OK2 and getting something else. How are the PK2 in the low end and bass area. I enjoyed the OK2 bass and sound was nice but not the fit. So should I exchange em for the PK2 or PK3 as I liked the bass they had.

Also does the PK2 have a J or a Y cord. The current one at head-direct??

Thanks for any replies. I need to decide today

Nov 12, 2009 at 10:48 AM Post #2 of 3
really, no one can give me an input on this. I know that the PK3 does have a good amount of bass. and more than the PK2. but as long as the PK2 doesn't LACK bass like the ER6i does. then I'll be plenty happy with the PK2.

So, can anyone comment on that at least. as long as the PK2 has decent bass I'm ok, or should I just get the PK3. I'm just worried going from the OK2 to the PK3 I'll be disappointed, but then I shoulda got the PK3 to start and moved up if I liked it.

Nov 12, 2009 at 1:43 PM Post #3 of 3
Ok2 has slightly less bass than pk2, but since it is much much better defined, hip hop actually sound better on OK2. If listen to orchastrals then pk2 would be a big step down since it has much inferior instrument seperation smaller soundstage.

The easy way to solve the problem is to grind the metal rim until they fit your ears, that's what I did, and Head direct still replace these modified OK2s when the right ear went dead. Currently I'm sending the replaced ones to yuin customer service in China to replace the metal rim to pk2 plastic head free of charge! Once it's completed they will be best sounding, most confortable low inpe earbuds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back