PK1 pads
Aug 26, 2007 at 1:33 AM Post #2 of 6
The ones with holes have a much fuller sound, with a lot more impact. The ones without holes really detract from the sound. At least that's what I hear.

Aug 26, 2007 at 1:34 AM Post #3 of 6
To my ears, the different pads add different levels of bass to the earbuds, with the solid pads adding more than the ones with the holes. Personally, I like the ones with the holes.

Welcome to the world of PK1's. They have become my favorites when working around the house due to their good sound and small size.

Aug 26, 2007 at 1:42 AM Post #4 of 6
I don't understand why the solid pads would add more bass. It's not like they are different thicknesses right? Is it because the hole lets through more of the higher frequencies? Also these pads are so hard to put on lol. Anybody on these forums like the solid pads more than the holed ones?

Aug 26, 2007 at 1:58 AM Post #5 of 6
My guess is that the foam somehow attenuates the higher frequencies a little, giving the image of a little more bass. I saw several threads on the topic of the pads in head-fi. I can't say that there was a general consensus, but I believe that most people prefered the buds with the pads versus without them.

Aug 26, 2007 at 3:14 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Logman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My guess is that the foam somehow attenuates the higher frequencies a little, giving the image of a little more bass. I saw several threads on the topic of the pads in head-fi. I can't say that there was a general consensus, but I believe that most people prefered the buds with the pads versus without them.

Errr....but I don't care about having the pads or not. I'm definitely using pads. I'm wondering whether or not I should get ones with holes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back