Pizza, 90 minute ETA!!!
Jun 20, 2007 at 2:33 AM Post #46 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My father has never tipped before in his life, and he certainly never tips the delivery man. It might just be part of the money-pinching, Asian parent mindset, but he finds it absurd to just hand out money like that when they're already getting paid by the restaurant. I try to tell him that its courteous and kind to do so, but he always just says that only rich people do that sort of thing. So, every time we order pizza I fear I may be eating some saliva and/or boogers with every bite
frown.gif

Didn't Pizza Hut have an actual pizza ordering shop or something in EverQuest?

too funny.

Jun 20, 2007 at 2:40 AM Post #47 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by qpoiz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All in all, it's not about being entitled to a tip. Im a delivery driver, and If i get no tip, no hard feelings. I have destroyed anyone's food. That's as low as one can go. I worked at a bank before delivering pizza, but because certain reasons i can no longer work there. So the only thing left are jobs like this.

Anyone that finds reasons and COMES UP with reasons not to tip other than poor service weren't taught to be grateful as little kids. It is a convenience. Simple. So you can say thank you, and if you want, you can tip, because as mentioned here, you're sitting at home, while we're putting miles on our cars.

Im 100% sure that those of you working your 9-5 jobs expect a small christmas bonus. No one said you were entitled to it, but hey, its nice to receive a "thank you" for your work and a little useful cash to boot.

This is interesting. When I was in college one of my good friends got into a tense conversation about tipping. He was a waiter for some time during college and strongly argued that service folks should be tipped. He argued about the service and how their pay was set up to almost require tips. I retorted 'not my problem'. But then I thought about it... Is that 20% at a sit-down nice restaurant; or that .50 change from buying two Dunkin Donuts or that couple of dollars tip going really hurt me? Am I being penny wise and pound foolish- I mean I spent hundreds of dollars on headphone stuff - what's a few dollars on tips especially since it so seems to brighten the day of some many hard working folks.

Now if you get poor service that is another item.
Now if your culture or heritage is anti-tipping then that is another item also.

But I like how I re-thought my friend's advice. (when he is in town I always make sure to lay down a big tip when we eat -- right in front of him
wink.gif
)

Jun 20, 2007 at 1:50 PM Post #48 of 53
If you really want to get technical, every job is "service", so where does it stop? I service hundreds of students every day at my job, should I be tipped as well? I certainly don't think so.

Kirosia hit the nail on the head with his post, couldn't agree more. That said, I do tip anyway (for reason stated below), but really shouldn't. Everyone who tips is endorsing the ridiculous low wages these companies pay their employees.

The notion that a tip is deserved or expected is ludicrous. It's sad that it has come to the point that tipping is required to avoid having food spit or peed in, or packages deliberately knocked around because you don't tip. Seems to always be the people with the worst attitudes for a certain job that wind up with those jobs.

Only example I can think of where I felt a tip was in order was a UPS driver (fathom that!) that used to deliver to my home. I order quite a bit, so he used to deliver at least a package a week. If he missed me in the morning, instead of redelivering the following day, he would swing back at the end of his shift on the same day. He didn't have to do that at all, so I gladly tipped him for his troubles.

Jun 20, 2007 at 2:25 PM Post #49 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you really want to get technical, every job is "service", so where does it stop? I service hundreds of students every day at my job, should I be tipped as well? I certainly don't think so.

I think so!
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 20, 2007 at 4:24 PM Post #51 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really? It's the best pizza I've ever tasted (Their sauce is SO good!). I don't order much from them because they're ridiculously expensive, but they certainly make a mean pizza
icon10.gif

Yea, I mean of the 'fast food' style pizzas ive tasted they're on the bottom rung. Their pizza is just so greasy and disgusting in my opinion. Top usually has that oily film and the bottom crust is greased in a similar fashion. I think Dominos is better and uses better ingredients ( Barely ). The best quick style pizza ive had is from a chain called Papa Johns around here. They use fresh ingredients and hearty portions and no where near as greasy as every other fastfood pizza joint.

However if I want good pizza I go to a quality pie place, one of many around here in Southern CA.

-Emerson

Jun 20, 2007 at 6:38 PM Post #53 of 53
I always place pick-up online orders with Papa Johns (when I order from them at all... usually order from a local non-chain place which is excellent), it's turned out very consistent. I can't imagine 90 minute waits, unless you order on Super Bowl Sunday or something.

The rare times I do order delivery, I tip standard 15% (assuming a normal delivery experience). That said...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I kinda agree. You chose the job to deliver pizza, no one forced you. If you're not getting paid enough, find other work. Places like McDs are always hiring, and retail outlets like walmart pay decent money. I used to be a waiter, and I never spit in anyone's food or treated them worse because they didn't tip. It was my job to serve them. If you're willing to act immature and criminal cause some guy doesn't give you a fiver, then you need to grow up.

...quoted for truth. Some of the retaliatory acts for not tipping described in this thread are criminal, up to the point of being felonies (I know there have been past cases of people spitting getting charged, and what's with running over the pets)! Not to mention being disgusting and out of proportion to the cause. To be clear, I understand the need for and participate in tipping (if only because of the screwed-up system that is in place), and I don't get very upset about deliberately late or cold deliveries for bad tippers. But that is where I draw the line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back