Pizza, 90 minute ETA!!!
Jun 18, 2007 at 8:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 53

Czilla9000

10 Year Member. Still no custom title.
Hey,

I just ordered from Pizza Hut online. The ETA they gave me is 90 minutes....what the....
confused.gif
confused.gif
basshead.gif

Jun 18, 2007 at 8:51 PM Post #2 of 53
Maybe it gets shipped from out-of-state when you order online

Jun 18, 2007 at 9:01 PM Post #5 of 53
Better tip the delivery guy well, or instead of spitting in your food he'll steal your credit card information!

Jun 19, 2007 at 12:03 AM Post #10 of 53
Never order pizza online, unless you like waiting a long time for your pizza. Most places do not have any notification system in their store, it just shows up on the computer, someone has to see it for the order to be processed. So there is often a delay. When you call an order in, an employee processes it on the spot.

-Ed

Jun 19, 2007 at 12:50 AM Post #11 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Never order pizza online, unless you like waiting a long time for your pizza. Most places do not have any notification system in their store, it just shows up on the computer, someone has to see it for the order to be processed. So there is often a delay. When you call an order in, an employee processes it on the spot.

-Ed

Yup, never again.

I did that once, ordered online, rang them after 45mins asking where my pizza was they said it'll be there in 10 mins. 20 mins later its still MIA and they said the guy left 15 mins ago. The place was like 5 mins walk away from my house at the time so I didn't know what took them so long. It's now about 90mins since I ordered so I called again, the manager now said it'll be free, and eventually turned up 2 hours after my original order.

Ever since I just walk there and buy it and walk back home with it.

Jun 19, 2007 at 12:52 AM Post #12 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by kikkomang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
make sure to order from one of those pizza places that have those "30 minute delivery or your money back" guarantees.

LOL, given the stories in the "Secrets about your work" thread, I think I'll pass on the late pizza that is free.
eek.gif

-Ed

Jun 19, 2007 at 12:55 AM Post #13 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by raymondlin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ever since I just walk there and buy it and walk back home with it.

Yeah, I dislike delivery. Most places charge a delivery fee, AND you are expected to pay a tip to the driver as well? Do they not get paid to drive? Seriously, if I am expected to pay a tip so that they do not spit, urinate, or otherwise violate my food, I guess I'll just get food some other way, rather than be extorted.
rolleyes.gif

I suppose for those that have been to my place, know what a maze it is, if a delivery person actually makes it to my front door unassisted, I definitely tip more. But that has only happened ONCE.

-Ed

Jun 19, 2007 at 5:20 AM Post #14 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I dislike delivery. Most places charge a delivery fee, AND you are expected to pay a tip to the driver as well? Do they not get paid to drive? Seriously, if I am expected to pay a tip so that they do not spit, urinate, or otherwise violate my food, I guess I'll just get food some other way, rather than be extorted.

Most places pay crap to drivers, just enough for gas (keep in mind almost $3/gallon). From what you say you probably dont even tip your waiter/waitress, since you know, the kitchen's only 30ft away from your table. The "other way" you can get your food is by making it yourself, but then you'll get way more feces in your food that way since you'll be comfortable skipping the soap and water after doo-doo time before cooking/eating.

I deliver pizza, and im sure those 90min is just an exaggerated time frame to avoid angry customers. Roadway conditions are quite volatile. It only takes a kid on a motorcycle or a 130yr old grandpa in his Towncar to cause havoc.

Jun 19, 2007 at 5:30 AM Post #15 of 53
Quote:

Never order pizza online

This is completely true. Sometimes online orders are 20 minutes old before anyone even realizes there is an order. There are a thousand reasons to not order online. Just call.

Delivery times at our (major chain) store go over an hour during peaks when it's very busy at dinner rush on weekends. This has nothing to do with the competence of the drivers. They are running their asses off. It has everything to do with restaurant management.

Quote:

Seriously, if I am expected to pay a tip so that they do not spit, urinate, or otherwise violate my food, I guess I'll just get food some other way, rather than be extorted.

In complete honesty and sincerity, please do. Every stiff that decides to pick up his own food is less wasted gas for me, and faster food for the appreciative, tipping customers out there. Opting out of a system in which you know you are expected to tip, rather than being a stiff, is completely honorable and better for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back