Pixies to make 1st album in 14 years...
Jul 15, 2005 at 2:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

markl

Hangin' with the monkeys.
Member of the Trade: Lawton Audio
http://www.nme.com/news/113023.htm

Quote:

Reformed alt-rock legends PIXIES are planning to record their first album in 14 years.

The band’s frontman Black Francis has confirmed the band, who got back together last year to huge acclaim, are preparing to make their first studio album since 1991’s ’Trompe Le Monde’.

He told The Sun: “It's all hugs and kisses, I'm pleased to report.

"We have been discussing recording a new album lately. As happy as we are with the success of the reunion tour, we really want to make a record for the right reasons, whether it is successful commercially or not."

He added: "We would be satisfied if it played like our other records, never chart-topping but always in print."

Jul 15, 2005 at 3:12 PM Post #2 of 7
@ Markl

It ain't no holiday,
But it always turns out this way
-- Here I am with my hand.

biggrin.gif

Jul 15, 2005 at 3:17 PM Post #3 of 7
This is great news..the Pixies were awsome..funny, I was listening to a college radio show and they were playing all pixies. The twist was it was other bands doing pixies covers..

Now, if The Smiths would get back together
eggosmile.gif

steve

Jul 15, 2005 at 3:50 PM Post #5 of 7
This is very good news...maybe. Their most recent single, "Bam-Thwok", was VERY so-so. If the rest of the album ends up like that, it will be a MAJOR disappointment.

But, that said, I'm hopeful that they'll do it right.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by desmoface
Now, if The Smiths would get back together
eggosmile.gif

Hmmm...I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for THAT to happen. with Morrissey parading around at his concerts, singing old Smiths tunes and talking up what a**holes his former bandmates were.

Jul 15, 2005 at 3:54 PM Post #6 of 7
Morrisey is the biggest arse ever. But I heard Neil Finn sing a Smiths tune with Marr on guitar, and it just didn't have the right feel. A Smiths reunion - I'd pay to get into that gig!

Jul 15, 2005 at 6:04 PM Post #7 of 7
I agree, Morrissey is a great storyteller/lyricist and he obviously knows it/acts like it. Marr's been doing some cool stuff, I guess he toured with the pretenders and he's done some really cool music with Billy Bragg. He's done some pretty cool stuff with/as the healers also.

Last I heard Morrissey was living in LA..As far as a singer/songwriter duo, they are about as good as it gets IMHO.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back