Pistons vs Heat
May 24, 2005 at 4:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 45

elrod-tom

Moderator - Prefers "stereo weirdo" to "audiophile"
Well, game one is in the can, and it looks like the Pistons are up to the challenge.

The game was close, but the well-rested Heat in the end couldn't keep the team-oriented Pistons from pulling away.

I've been saying Pistons in 7...I might have to change that to 6 after this game.

May 24, 2005 at 4:24 PM Post #2 of 45
This is going to be a really fun series to watch. Detoit had their ups and downs last night, but I think they pretty clearly outplayed Miami. I say Pistons in 5. Perhaps a bit optomistic, but definitely doable.

edit: There was a thread ahwile back about who was going to stop Dwayne Wade...my vote goes to Tayshaun Prince.
biggrin.gif

May 24, 2005 at 4:36 PM Post #3 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by jefemeister
This is going to be a really fun series to watch. Detoit had their ups and downs last night, but I think they pretty clearly outplayed Miami. I say Pistons in 5. Perhaps a bit optomistic, but definitely doable.

yes should be fun series, points of interest last night:

-all five Piston starters scored double figures, very balanced
-Prince/Hamilton stiffled Wade causing him to shoot only 7-25
-Jones needs to step up "D" on Billups, too many easy baskets
-Shaq needs to "get busy" more touches and more shots in the paint.
-Rasheed Wallace 4-5 beyond the arc.....What?

May 24, 2005 at 6:40 PM Post #5 of 45
The pistons are the best team in basketball. Period. They are that good. Even when they play sloppy they can barely be beat. There is simply too much talent on the time. They have a very efficient bench and the best starting five I've seen in a long.

They also have the best coach in the league(which they stole from us...).

May 24, 2005 at 6:57 PM Post #6 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by number1sixerfan
The pistons are the best team in basketball. Period. They are that good. Even when they play sloppy they can barely be beat. There is simply too much talent on the time. They have a very efficient bench and the best starting five I've seen in a long.

During the regular season they were not the best team in NBA, three other teams had better records while playing in stronger divisions:
-Suns
-Spurs
-Mavs

Remains to be seen if Pistons can "elevate" game play during playoffs to beat elite teams this year and win championship.

May 24, 2005 at 7:14 PM Post #7 of 45
Ugh... I though the heat were going to finals long ago... but it's not lookin so good. Where's the D GUYS?!?! They were half asleep out there last night, one of the worst games I've seen them play. Heat in 7... please?
allstar1.jpg
capt.la10305232138.phil_spector_la103.jpg

_______________________________"You call that a fro?"

May 24, 2005 at 8:57 PM Post #8 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by YngwieJMalmsteen
Ugh... I though the were going to finals long ago... but it's not lookin so good. Where's the D GUYS?!?! They were half asleep out there last night, one of the worst games I've seen them play.

They had their bad moments, but I thought their (I assume you meant Detroit) defense played very well and was definitely super quick.

May 24, 2005 at 10:36 PM Post #9 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel
During the regular season they were not the best team in NBA, three other teams had better records while playing in stronger divisions:
-Suns
-Spurs
-Mavs

Remains to be seen if Pistons can "elevate" game play during playoffs to beat elite teams this year and win championship.

Ummm...regular season means crap???

They have no reason to play well in the regular season, once they get into the playoffs, they can't be beat. Just look at how they are playing now. Just like the lakers two years ago. They played like crap during the regular season and cruised through the playoffs. As long as they aren't disfunctional and they have that great roster, they will continue to win playoff series.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 24, 2005 at 10:54 PM Post #11 of 45
Shaq Diesel baby, once he shakes off the cob webs from sitting in the last series I dont think his injury is gonna slow him down. Hes gonna be a big time match up problem for Detroit. Miami just needs to get more minutes from Zoe and Wade will make his adjustments. I think Miami will be pretty hard to stop for the rest of the series.

May 25, 2005 at 9:54 AM Post #14 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by MusicJunkie
Miami in 5.

MJ

Some things to consider:

While Miami played well, they were also MUCH better rested than the Pistons coming off of their last series, AND they were at home. Yet the Pistons beat them fairly handily in the end.

Knowing all this, you're thinking that Miami is going to win the next four games, INCLUDING two of those at The Palace? To quote Vincent Vega, "That's a bold statement".

I'm thinking the chance that that happens is basically zero. Were we to wager on this one, I'd put up a lot.

Methinks that's the heart talking (frustrated Laker fan, perhaps?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back