Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA
Jun 14, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #1,811 of 1,830
Hey guys,

Just bought this dap and love it! Compared to my fiio X3 II, it sounds beautiful anyway I was using it today on the native player and saw all my flac at 192khz said pcm 48khz where the visualizer is.

Could anyone tell me why? is it being downsampled?

Solved: Turns out it was because of my Bluetooth headphones it must downsample for streaming

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2018 at 1:29 AM Post #1,812 of 1,830
I have the dragonfly black and this pioneer player.But i guees i dont need the dragonfly on this player? One thing that i also noticed on this player,is that the sound is very very low.I have to turn really high up when using the v-moda crossfade wireless 2 and other iems/headphones.It also crashes a lot.Specially Tidal and the true-fi app with spotify.

Jun 17, 2018 at 1:39 AM Post #1,813 of 1,830
I have the dragonfly black and this pioneer player.But i guees i dont need the dragonfly on this player? One thing that i also noticed on this player,is that the sound is very very low.I have to turn really high up when using the v-moda crossfade wireless 2 and other iems/headphones.It also crashes a lot.Specially Tidal and the true-fi app with spotify.

1. I personally don't find any USB amp/dac necessary for the 100R. You obviously can determine whether you prefer the AQDFB with the DAP or not since you have both at hand. :wink:
2. Are you in the U.K. and/or bought a European version of the 100R? If so, it has a volume limiter employed. I believe it can be disabled with a firmware update & Setting option. Just make sure you have the player updated, which isn't anything recent.
3. Crashes probably due to not having latest firmware/OS/app updates.I don't bother with Tidal nor use Spotify on portables so can't offer any other advice.

Jul 26, 2018 at 2:53 AM Post #1,815 of 1,830
Seems to be the 'music' app, the comes with the xdp 100r, very buggy. USB audio player pro works like a dream
For a year now I just began to use the Onkyo music player unlocked instead of the packaged one.. Because it sucks. It froze too much for me. You only can deal with that so many times before you either get another music player or ditch the 100r altogether (luckily the Onkyo one is high res and compatible with my Pioneer since they're in the same product family).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back