Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA
Jan 25, 2016 at 6:31 AM Post #616 of 1,830
I will be getting my xdp 100r on tueday.  It will be nice to have 2 micro sd slots.  One for my hi res music and one for my itunes library.  Unless there is a glaring issue, or a difference in sound quality, which i doubt I will be able to hear.  I will be sending the x7 back

Nik
Alright sounds cool, still considering the X7 due to changeable amp modules. Time will tell though.

Jan 28, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #618 of 1,830
I don't have a copy so cant give a summary I'm afraid but there's a review in this months Hi Fi Choice (UK) so I thought Id give people the heads up, its reviews are normally more objective.....Just had a quick flick through while in WH Smiths, very positive review 5 stars best DAP under £500, main criticism is low internal memory but given its two expansion slots its not really an issue

Jan 30, 2016 at 9:39 PM Post #619 of 1,830
Has anyone corresponded with Jeremy from Dapper yet to try and get support for playlists on the xdp-100r?
I reached out and he responded but I wanted to know if anything is already in the works.

Jan 31, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #620 of 1,830

In order to get playlists from iTunes to the XDP100R I use a software called M3Unify.

Very easy to use software that takes all the songs from playlists created on iTunes and transfers them into another folder of your choice (Including creating copies of the music files) and also allowed you to choose a playlist format such as M3U which the pioneer recognises. 

Then simply drop that folder through android file transfer to your pioneer and the playlist will be recognised and in the same order as per the iTunes playlist. 

Hope this helps. 

Jan 31, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #621 of 1,830
Quick question,the 32GB of on-board memory gets eaten up by any offline Tidal or Spotify music I may have selected. In particular for Tidal stuff it took a lot of it.

Does anyone know how to maybe have the large Tidal FLAC files directed ton kf my 128GB cards?

Jan 31, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #622 of 1,830
On my Sony Z3 tablet I can change the destination folder by: Menu button top left > Settings > Offline section > Download Destination > Internal or memory card. It should be the same for your DAP.

Feb 1, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #627 of 1,830
I didn't connect the dap to the computer only the sd card first formatted in the dap and then connected to the computer by the card slot. I have an iMac
Playlists didn't show up, but I'm not sure how to select which ones show up in dapper
Nik

Feb 3, 2016 at 7:37 AM Post #628 of 1,830
Apparently the latest Onkyo firmware release now has a volume warning that pops up once as levels are exceeded, hopefully this is a sign that theyre getting ready for the EU role out and rather than implementing a volume limit they have provided a warning instead, if this is the case hopefully they apply the same in a firmware update for the Pioneer units...fingers crossed for anyone with issues! Hopefully Im not adding 2+2 and getting 5!
...looks like Ive jumped to conclusions, apprently its a standard Android warning, sorry if I got anyones hopes up!

Feb 3, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #630 of 1,830

Users who are viewing this thread

Back