Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX
Feb 23, 2020 at 7:44 PM Post #2,401 of 2,532
300r is outdated get the 160 instead. Ibasso has a better trackrecord for releasing updates compared to pioneer. Plus the sound 300r produces is really lacking. I sold mine shortly after pruchasing it due to the sound quality. Its really cold, sterile, literally boring as hell not to mention overly processed sound. If it wasnt for the hypers in my country i would have never even bothered to get this dap. Its also very clunky, and along with its dodgy ports can easily be broken, and as far as i know nobody outside hk can fix this dap.

I dont have that much of an experience with daps but i have owned and tried a couple (ones that are very highly regarded) but amongst those this is not worth the hype now. Sure this was groundbreaking when it launched but now it is just...
A
Big
Fat
NO.

Save your money trust me it will better you in the long run.
Haha , oke . Thanks for your advice, almost bought mine yesterday :D

Actually, I'm interested in this DAP because of the Snapdragon 8 series lol. I'll use it as my only multimedia device rather than my phone.
But there's no Android updates for this device, it means that almost app will not longer support this device. Gonna save my money for fiio m11 I think :D

Feb 24, 2020 at 12:35 AM Post #2,402 of 2,532
Haha , oke . Thanks for your advice, almost bought mine yesterday :D

Actually, I'm interested in this DAP because of the Snapdragon 8 series lol. I'll use it as my only multimedia device rather than my phone.
But there's no Android updates for this device, it means that almost app will not longer support this device. Gonna save my money for fiio m11 I think :D
The Snapdragon 8 cannot be taken advantage of anyway. The battery on the 300R is so small that you have to uninstall anything that isn't necessary for music playback to get a decent battery life out of this device.

Feb 24, 2020 at 8:50 AM Post #2,403 of 2,532
That's not true at all, the sound is very good. It cannot be used as dac but it has wireless and with tidal via uapp it sounds great.

Ive known a lot of people who feels the same way. Its better to save than to buy and just get rid of it. Ever since i got the wm1a ive never looked back nor have i been actively searching for replacements. It blows the 300r to bits. 300r is neither realistic nor accurate its way too elevated in the treble no bass and mids sound way too artificial.

During my time with the 300r i was never impressed by it (aside from the fact that it doesnt heat up) in fact i almost lost interest in audio because of how bad it sounded.

Feb 24, 2020 at 8:52 AM Post #2,404 of 2,532
The only time i liked the 300r was when i paired it up with the kse1500 (due to the fact that it only used the 300r as a transport).

Feb 24, 2020 at 8:57 AM Post #2,405 of 2,532
3 months was all it took for me to sell it at a bargain price cuz nobody wanted it.

Feb 24, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #2,406 of 2,532
you all should compare it with similar priced daps. it's been said here it is better than fiio x7ii both sound wise and stability.
It has old android and battery is poor, but if you compare it to sony wm1a or any other almost doubled priced non-android dedicated dap than you're outdated too.
i have sony zx300 and it is better, not way better thought, than xdp300 but it's dap only, no android, at the same price.
So, write your opinion wrapped into the right context, otherwise, your sony wm1a is crap. Because there are gazillions of better daps, they make wm1a crap.

Feb 24, 2020 at 7:55 PM Post #2,407 of 2,532
you all should compare it with similar priced daps. it's been said here it is better than fiio x7ii both sound wise and stability.
It has old android and battery is poor, but if you compare it to sony wm1a or any other almost doubled priced non-android dedicated dap than you're outdated too.
i have sony zx300 and it is better, not way better thought, than xdp300 but it's dap only, no android, at the same price.
So, write your opinion wrapped into the right context, otherwise, your sony wm1a is crap. Because there are gazillions of better daps, they make wm1a crap.
I did with the hiby r6. Still bad.

Feb 25, 2020 at 1:44 AM Post #2,408 of 2,532
Really? Are you even sure you know what you're talking about?
So I recently got a hiby r6 someone traded it for my akg k3003. I have to say I am very much disappointed at hiby aside from its design and display do yourself a favor and stick to the 300r and upgrade iems/hp or buy some SD card instead. The r6 is sluggish, battery is poorly optimized for music playback and that sq is just lacking in so many areas when compared to the 300r, now at first listen it may not be apparent heck you might even prefer it over the 300r but after you get used to its signature the moment you shift from it and onto the 300r, its clear which is better.

Feb 27, 2020 at 10:09 AM Post #2,409 of 2,532
Really? Are you even sure you know what you're talking about?
That was before i found out what good sound really is. R6 when i tried it with headphones is where it shone. In terms of realism and timbre r6 has it better. But with the current me, i wouldnt recommend either. The thing with r6 is that i paired it with iems that were too sensitive (zeus, polaris, k3003, nova) hence it altered the signature making it muddy and with an almost dead dynamic range. With the 300r because the treble is very upfront it makes it sound "detailed" and "accurate" (much similar to how k3003 is) where in-fact its signatures like the wm1a (not 1z since 1z leans more towards the bassy and warm side of things) where nothing is emphasized nothing jumps at you nor annoys you. Thats the reason why r6 is better in terms of sound reproducability compared to 300r. 300r's treble just makes it sound tinny and thin without substance. If you want to know what i experienced between the 2 try to compare wf1000xm3 and the airpods pro (airpods pro has a better more natural presentation compared to the digital presentation the xm3 gives).

Feb 27, 2020 at 11:01 AM Post #2,411 of 2,532
i understand you think it is better because you like r6 more. but to say about 300r is way weaker, this i just don't buy it.and i have good headphones to test it and other devices to compare it with.
Yeah good point i may have gone overboard with the description. My bad.

But in one way it is weaker (amps). Lol

Mar 10, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #2,413 of 2,532
Hey guys. I'm interested in an used XDP-300R for what I consider a good price. Around that same price I could get an X5 3rd gen or for less I could get a Fiio M7.
I really don't need any of the streaming options. I just want a player that is snappy and responsive and has 2 microSD slots.

Has anyone used this with 2x 512 GB cards? Is it laggy?
I could use the money I'm saving to get a balanced cable for my Shozy 1.1

I will be pairing it with an Xduoo XD-05 external amp for heavier headphones. Does it work well as USB output?

Mar 10, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #2,415 of 2,532
Fiio X5iii is not worth any attention but it has USB DAC mode if this is what you meant.
XDP-300r doesn't have dac function, i used a 400gb card on it and it worked well. The sound is way superior though.
Thanks for the help. I have a XDuoo XD-05 that I use for USB dac so I don't need either bluetooth or USB Dac on my player. However I want a fast responsive (and solid looking) player. I think I am going to go for the XDP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back