Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX
Jan 23, 2019 at 8:07 AM Post #2,086 of 2,532
No, I meant to use it as an external dac, sending signal from laptop to it and after that via line out to amp

Yes, I mean exactly that

going to be pity if there is not a such function

Sorry, my misunderstanding.

Jan 24, 2019 at 3:08 AM Post #2,088 of 2,532
Like many other folk, I've now experienced the failed 3.5mm jack problem, which is pathetic, given that I've only had the unit for a few months (admittedly bought second-hand but mint condition) and treated it very carefully... I'm now having to use the 2.5 with an adaptor, as I haven't got true balanced cables.... So, my question is, do we reckon that its worth taking it to a regular phone repair shop and seeing if they can solder the port back somehow?

Seriously unimpressed (and there was me thinking others were exaggerating the problem... :) )

If it's not fixable, I'd totally welcome recommendations for a replacement DAP. I've gotten very taken with listening to Tidal on it, so that would be a must (although I could probably live without offline)... Decent battery life (xdp300 or better) would be nice too... My budget would be less than $500.

thanks all!

Jan 24, 2019 at 7:17 PM Post #2,089 of 2,532
Hey guys I got a couple questions for you my name is Michael.

I want to buy this Pioneer 300 that you guys are talking about I have a topping D50 DAC which has Optical RCA coaxial and USB inputs.

Can I run a OTG cable out of this pioneer and on the other end on the USB into the cable can I plug it into my DAC and use this pioneer as my source or is plugging an OTG cable into this pioneer just going to make it where I can transfer files another words will it's in the music through the OTG cable?

Jan 25, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #2,090 of 2,532
Hey guys I got a couple questions for you my name is Michael.

I want to buy this Pioneer 300 that you guys are talking about I have a topping D50 DAC which has Optical RCA coaxial and USB inputs.

Can I run a OTG cable out of this pioneer and on the other end on the USB into the cable can I plug it into my DAC and use this pioneer as my source or is plugging an OTG cable into this pioneer just going to make it where I can transfer files another words will it's in the music through the OTG cable?

OTG works for me to my external desktop dac.

Jan 25, 2019 at 10:16 AM Post #2,091 of 2,532
Thank you very much for your reply I'm wondering I'm I'm assuming that the 100 are would work also I don't see a whole lot of difference between a 300 r and the 100r.

I mean I know there's a difference obviously there's a big price difference but the 100r seems okay other than the DAC chips are will dated.

Appreciate any feedback you guys could give me on the differences between the 300 and the 100r pioneer thanks again.

Jan 27, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #2,092 of 2,532
Like many other folk, I've now experienced the failed 3.5mm jack problem, which is pathetic, given that I've only had the unit for a few months (admittedly bought second-hand but mint condition) and treated it very carefully... I'm now having to use the 2.5 with an adaptor, as I haven't got true balanced cables.... So, my question is, do we reckon that its worth taking it to a regular phone repair shop and seeing if they can solder the port back somehow?

Seriously unimpressed (and there was me thinking others were exaggerating the problem... :) )

If it's not fixable, I'd totally welcome recommendations for a replacement DAP. I've gotten very taken with listening to Tidal on it, so that would be a must (although I could probably live without offline)... Decent battery life (xdp300 or better) would be nice too... My budget would be less than $500.

thanks all!

A phone shop should be able to open it up, that bit is quite easy. If the socket has fallen apart or pulled tracks off the board then spares will be very difficult to get I would imagine. Good luck getting it repaired if you choose to go down that route.

Put Epoxy around the 2.5mm socket ASAP. Its a bit ugly but better that than a completely useless DAP.

Jan 27, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #2,093 of 2,532
A phone shop should be able to open it up, that bit is quite easy. If the socket has fallen apart or pulled tracks off the board then spares will be very difficult to get I would imagine. Good luck getting it repaired if you choose to go down that route.

Put Epoxy around the 2.5mm socket ASAP. Its a bit ugly but better that than a completely useless DAP.

Thanks for this! I actually took to one shop and they were v nervous about opening it up.... the weird thing is they were also v doubtful that the socket was broken, as it’s only the bass frequencies that have gone (the music suddenly sounds very echoey and distant, is the best way I can describe it) and thought it might be that the connections were dirty.

Cleaning has made no difference, I’ve factory reset the device and most importantly the sound is normal out of the 2.5 with an adaptor, so I guess it must be that the socket has gone, as I don’t see what else it could be. Unless you or anyone else has any thoughts. I do agree it doesn’t sound exactly like a dodgy connection (initially I thought it might be a software problem, but again I don’t see how that’s possible given all the remedies I’ve tried...) if anyone can shed light I’d be most grateful...

Jan 27, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #2,094 of 2,532

As someone with a fully functional 300R, I'm curious about this epoxy method. Would Flex Seal do the trick? Can anyone link to a guide on this?

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #2,095 of 2,532
I’d be very interested in how to use epoxy or some other materiel to help with the headphone jack.

I got lucky as I once had a tip of a headphone jack break off stuck on the inside of the jack and thought for sure I would break it. Luckily I came across a bid tube method to remove it.

Anyway i’m babbling.

I would be interested the best method to secure the jack.

Jan 27, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #2,097 of 2,532
Epoxy resin was my solution to the problem in the end, I did this when I first read about this issue. Ugly yes probably, but no loose socket worries here. :)

Here's the post my dudes. Page 129.

Jan 27, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #2,098 of 2,532
I've opened mine up and there isn't a lot to it. I've written it up in this thread. It's finding the replacement parts you'll struggle with. I expect it is your jack at fault, mine became loose and would crackle in one ear before it broke off completely

Jan 28, 2019 at 2:58 AM Post #2,099 of 2,532
Here's the post my dudes. Page 129.

Yes, that's how my sockets currently look. I did say it looks a bit ugly. :)

I just dripped the Epoxy glue on with a cocktail stick, perhaps a syringe with a fine needle and some thin UV cure glue would look better.

If anybody is worried about their sockets basically all that is required is a method of bonding the sockets to the case to strain-relief the socket to board contacts.

Jan 28, 2019 at 4:41 PM Post #2,100 of 2,532
Yes, that's how my sockets currently look. I did say it looks a bit ugly. :)

I just dripped the Epoxy glue on with a cocktail stick, perhaps a syringe with a fine needle and some thin UV cure glue would look better.

If anybody is worried about their sockets basically all that is required is a method of bonding the sockets to the case to strain-relief the socket to board contacts.
Thanks man this is extremely helpful. Exactly what I wanted to know. Is there a particular brand of epoxy glue you used?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back