Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX
Oct 29, 2018 at 6:18 PM Post #1,906 of 2,532
Go to Settings, Apps, then scroll to the right and and under ALL, you should find Google Play Services to disable.

I get this message :frowning2:

FC5AF833-7BB5-4BE3-BF6D-D614EC91E1F1.jpeg

Oct 29, 2018 at 6:47 PM Post #1,907 of 2,532
This is what google told me: Remove updates to the app (Settings > Applications > All >Google Play Services > three dots menu > Uninstall updates). You might need to head to Settings > Security > Device Administrators and disable Android Device Manager first. Disable the synchronization of Google data (Settings > Accounts.

Oct 29, 2018 at 6:54 PM Post #1,908 of 2,532
This is what google told me: Remove updates to the app (Settings > Applications > All >Google Play Services > three dots menu > Uninstall updates). You might need to head to Settings > Security > Device Administrators and disable Android Device Manager first. Disable the synchronization of Google data (Settings > Accounts.

Thanks man. I got it to work. You’re a life saver.

I went to Settings -> Account -> Disable Synch. Then I was able to go to Apps and disable Google Play Services :)

I only have TIDAL running now literally. I hope this helps with the battery life. Also have battery saving mode on and minimum screen brightness.

Oct 30, 2018 at 9:43 AM Post #1,909 of 2,532
This is actually a great DAP for sensitive IEMs :) The floor noise is near non-existent with LOW2 gain and the signal is very clean with Narrow jitter and ACG + airplane mode.

Compared to my N5ii, I would say the pros are:
- near pitch black background
- excellent imaging
- very spacious soundstage
- very, very good treble extension and clarity
- much faster and smoother interface
- female vocals are a delight

Cons would be:
- low end could use more "weight" to it
- male vocals are noticeably recessed (you can compensate for this with IEMs that have forward vocals)
- battery is bad (but you can improve it significantly by uninstalling and disabling everything except music and using battery-saving mode)

Overall, I'm very happy with it because it's a noticeable increase in SQ and also allows me use some IEMs I could not before because of floor noise.

Oct 30, 2018 at 3:01 PM Post #1,910 of 2,532
I agree! Just picked up the Andros and no hiss whatsoever with the xdp-300r! I was actually thinking about retiring my xdp in favor of the Opus #3 since I read it is a great pairing with the Andros and is also good with sensitive iems. Does anyone have the Opus #3 and care to comment on the sound compared to the xdp-300r?

Oct 31, 2018 at 3:00 AM Post #1,911 of 2,532
Loving my xdp300, listening to Daft Punk - Random Access..... on my 150ohm Blur White Chocolate buds. It sounds ultra detailed and spacious with a nice Nile Rodgers driving bass line track #1 :wink:

Nov 8, 2018 at 5:52 PM Post #1,912 of 2,532
This seems like a very silly question but I can't find a good answer - How do you remove home screens on this guy? All of the suggestions for Android Lollipop don't seem to work, and I've got 4 extra home screens I dont want. Cheers!

Nov 10, 2018 at 5:40 AM Post #1,913 of 2,532
After rooting, installed xposed, and amplify, and modifying a bunch of wakelocks, i am now able to get over 14 hours of playback on balanced output! This is so much better than what I was previously getting.

I'm actually at 12 hours exactly right now, with 4 hours of battery left according to android.

Can you post a procedure in order to do that? I would like also to have more gain ...

Nov 10, 2018 at 1:29 PM Post #1,914 of 2,532
I used KingRoot to root the device. It's a one-click app to root.
Then installed Xposed Framework (from XDA Developers website) and Amplify (from Playstore)
Using Amplify, you can modify wakelocks based on what the app tells you should do plus some of my own experimenting. The Wakelocks will depend on what you have installed.

I also disabled pretty much every app besides the core system apps and ones I use. You can do that without rooting by using the Settings -> Applications part of the android device.

Warning: There is no going back after this. No backup system images provided by Pioneer. So do this at your own risk. You may brick the device and may not be able to recover from it.

I recommend reading about each of these apps and the rooting process thoroughly if you have never done it before on Android before proceeding. Many devices have a way out because the bootloader can be unlocked and we can install a custom recovery to fix any issues. Pioneer disabled this feature on this model, or if they didnt, i have not figured out how to access it.

Also:

I just used Kingroot to root it. I actually used the more traditional SuperUser SU file instead, but needed KingRoot to give me system access first. This isn't exactly easy for someone who doesnt know have familiarity with Android OS modding/hacking. So, I dont really want to post instructions on how to do this as you can screw up your system. KingRoot is easy and can be uninstalled easily. Xposed is also a 1-touch install, and can be uninstalled within the app.

But if you do anything wrong, or install an xposed module that isnt supported, you may crash the system and because we cant recover from it, you may have issues. So be very careful if you choose to do this.

I only installed Xposed Framework with the amplify, greenify, and youtube adblocker modules. Have not tested anything else and dont plan to.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #1,915 of 2,532
Just close/disable/uninstall all the apps, set your screen to 20-25% brightness, turn on airplane mode and battery saving mode and you’ll find the battery life and standby improves dramatically.

Btw, the line out is great and sounds fantastic with my Magni 3 + 58X.

Nov 10, 2018 at 3:16 PM Post #1,916 of 2,532
Just close/disable/uninstall all the apps, set your screen to 20-25% brightness, turn on airplane mode and battery saving mode and you’ll find the battery life and standby improves dramatically.

Btw, the line out is great and sounds fantastic with my Magni 3 + 58X.

Yes I recommend this to start. Its completely reversible.

Nov 12, 2018 at 8:30 AM Post #1,918 of 2,532
i noticed a strange problem.
In the past i had the EU version where i was able to set Variable Line out mode and have a lot of volume.
my new one is not EU ..and i don't have this option..only Fixed line out mode, so i should not have any limitation
but at the same time i don't have the same gain!

Nov 16, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #1,920 of 2,532
Hi!

I purchased the xdp 300r to pair it with my campfire andromeda s and I am now comparing the sound quality between my devices. But I can’t hear a difference between the xdp 300r, my Samsung galaxy s7edge and my iPad mini 4. What could be the reason for that? Are my ears simply not sensible enough?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back