Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX
Nov 27, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #122 of 2,532
Any screen cover for the xdp100 will fit
As yet there are no cases available except direct from pioneer japan

I put the screen cover of the DP-X1. Fits perfectly. That was а mat cover.
In Japan they sell them as the universal screen cover for both DX-P1 and 300R.

Nov 27, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #123 of 2,532
What about the distortion problems with Tidal and Spotify, detected on several Onkyo DP-X1?
For me, it's absolutely necessary that Tidal Hifi works without any issues, so that's why I haven't chosen (yet) for the DP-X1.

Has this probleem been resolved on the Pioneer XDP-300r, as it seems to be almost the same player as the Onkyo's

Nov 29, 2016 at 1:48 AM Post #126 of 2,532
I would like to share some impressions after 3-4 days of listening experience.
Just for understanding what is my back ground, I owned the following sources in the past:
Fiio X3, X5, ibasso DX50,90, ihifi 760, AK100, 120,  sony pha-1a, pha-3, oppo ha-2, VC Vantam 627bm, Valoq 627au.

It is all about the Balanced output in ACG mode with Etymotic ER4SR:

So what I like so far:

1. Very detailed sound (one of the most detailed sources on the market IMHO)
  2. Great channel and instrument separation
  3. Tight, deep and very textured bass
  4. No complains on Mids or Highs yet (typical sabre family sound)
  5. ACG and Stand alone mode
  6. User interface and ergonomics, styling (Iike it)

My initial thoughts were to use the 300R as a digital transport (via otg) with Vantam Limited in case I do not like it.
So I will keep it as the main source for a while and see.

Nov 29, 2016 at 2:26 AM Post #127 of 2,532
  I would like to share some impressions after 3-4 days of listening experience.
Just for understanding what is my back ground, I owned the following sources in the past:
Fiio X3, X5, ibasso DX50,90, ihifi 760, AK100, 120,  sony pha-1a, pha-3, oppo ha-2, VC Vantam 627bm, Valoq 627au.

It is all about the Balanced output in ACG mode with Etymotic ER4SR:

So what I like so far:

1. Very detailed sound (one of the most detailed sources on the market IMHO)
  2. Great channel and instrument separation
  3. Tight, deep and very textured bass
  4. No complains on Mids or Highs yet (typical sabre family sound)
  5. ACG and Stand alone mode
  6. User interface and ergonomics, styling (Iike it)

My initial thoughts were to use the 300R as a digital transport (via otg) with Vantam Limited in case I do not like it.
So I will keep it as the main source for a while and see.

Thank you for sharing your impression. Sounds promising. I'm interested in this model as well.

Nov 29, 2016 at 6:06 AM Post #128 of 2,532
xdp 100r case fit the xdp 300r perfectly..!!!!
[/IMG]

Ok theres a few mm at the bottom lug spare, but its such a snug fit it doesnt move at all

Nov 29, 2016 at 7:30 AM Post #129 of 2,532
RE. Connecting via Mac.

the only ( player connected) option is "android file transfer" a free program. however its so simple as to only be useful up to a point.

it works..sometimes... and has delays in accessing the card contents..quite often will just disconnect from your player . and worst of all once youve got 78 or near to 78 albums then you cant actually scroll down the window to find a free space to drop the folder to. as theres no choice of view options for your files ( you know..details/small icons/large icons etc).. just a folder view that cant be changed.

to be brutally honest.. dont bother,  just take the card out and shove it in your mac.

Nov 29, 2016 at 7:32 AM Post #130 of 2,532
  What about the distortion problems with Tidal and Spotify, detected on several Onkyo DP-X1?
For me, it's absolutely necessary that Tidal Hifi works without any issues, so that's why I haven't chosen (yet) for the DP-X1.

Has this probleem been resolved on the Pioneer XDP-300r, as it seems to be almost the same player as the Onkyo's

no issues with tidal hifi in the uk...not for me on xdp300r

Nov 29, 2016 at 8:05 AM Post #132 of 2,532
RE. Connecting via Mac.

the only ( player connected) option is "android file transfer" a free program. however its so simple as to only be useful up to a point.

it works..sometimes... and has delays in accessing the card contents..quite often will just disconnect from your player . and worst of all once youve got 78 or near to 78 albums then you cant actually scroll down the window to find a free space to drop the folder to. as theres no choice of view options for your files ( you know..details/small icons/large icons etc).. just a folder view that cant be changed.

to be brutally honest.. dont bother,  just take the card out and shove it in your mac.

Cheers mate

Nov 29, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #133 of 2,532
So, will this play well with the HD 650?

Nov 29, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #135 of 2,532
So, will this play well with the HD 650?

Impedance shouldnt be too much of an issue.
However sound ??.. Its all subjective isnt it?. What i will say,is that with my hifimans (400i) its a little laid back..but excels with a good punchy Iem.
The 650's arent known for their excitability so may not be driven hard enough to wake them up at all.
Dont get me wrong, the,headphone,amp in this is good..really detailed and punchy..it just lack some whack in open back phones.
My atmh40x sound better to me than my oppo pm3 and my hd598's

Cant think of a more important purchase to try before you buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back