Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android | MQA | 2x MicroSD | WiFi | AptX
Jan 10, 2018 at 3:14 AM Post #1,246 of 2,532
Hi Folks

New to the forums but have been trawling through this great thread for the past week and am very close to requesting an XDP-300R for my birthday from the good lady. I currently use an iPod touch 64GB and Samsung S7 Edge with 200GB micro sd card for my music but running out of storage and wishing to up the listening experience brought me here. Was between this and the FiiO X7 II but am leaning towards the Pioneer for ease of software, etc.

I currently use my S7 with Poweramp and iSyncr to sync all my playlists from iTunes which works great. I have way more playlists though than are currently on the full S7 micro sd card and was thrilled to see from previous posts that the 300R can take 2 x 400GB cards. My question is to anyone who uses iSyncr with Poweramp (or other software combos) on the 300R for transferring playlists and how they find the 300R reliability wise with multiple playlists and big micro sd cards.

Thanks in advance!

I saw your question, but can't really help for your use case. I do have a 400Gb and 256Gb card combo in mine at the moment, both cards are completely full with FLAC files too and it works great, but I just use folder mode so have no experience of your intended usage.

Jan 10, 2018 at 4:58 AM Post #1,247 of 2,532
These look good, but they're still mighty expensive, aren't they? I got a case for my Cowon X7 (albeit 5 years ago) for £16.99.

Expensive? Yes they are, but compare the price of Dignis and the Pioneer one and the price seems more reasonable, especially when it’s a bit of a nightmare getting the Pioneer one back off when new.
Dignis are top quality though and I haven’t regretted putting one on my old N5.

Jan 10, 2018 at 6:23 AM Post #1,248 of 2,532
Expensive? Yes they are, but compare the price of Dignis and the Pioneer one and the price seems more reasonable, especially when it’s a bit of a nightmare getting the Pioneer one back off when new.
Dignis are top quality though and I haven’t regretted putting one on my old N5.

Yes I noticed the Dignis versions for the Onkyo models, again not sure about compatability with the Pioneer. I did send an email but no response I'm afraid.

The positive thing I suppose is that the Pioneer/Onkyo cases/pouches are slowly starting to appear now. You need to do some detective work to find them, but they are there.

I agree though about the costs, found a few that are not so bad but even so $100-$150 for a case is pretty high, especially after you've paid out for the player.

Does VanNuys have a UK or USA dealer? I've found their website but everything is in Japanese so not even sure they will delivery to the UK via that route.

I found the same case featured on EBay for £45 from a company in Japan that I've used before but once you add postage on it comes to £85 anyway so no real difference in the end. They do sell SACD though so I may treat myself to a few of those at the same time! lol.

I may get the official Pioneer case for the time being and I've ordered a universal Neoprene pouch just to keep it safe from knocks. Only £4.

Jan 10, 2018 at 6:33 AM Post #1,249 of 2,532
Hello!
tell me please, who is not difficult, where he read that it is possible to replace the battery in a player "pioneer xdp 300r" with more power without any problems! ??
Poke your nose into the post or share a link to the information!

In general, is it possible to do this or not? Replace the battery with a more capacious one

I have two players, Pioneer xdp 300r and Onkyo x1, in my hands, do they have the same stuffing inside???

The short answer is no you can't.

This is a niche product, unlike the iPhone for example where lots of after market products are available.

However a great deal of the large capacity iPhone batteries sold on EBay are in fact the originals with a label stuck over them! :beyersmile:

As far as the Pioneer is concerned, someone may come up with an idea at some point but the issue you have is pulling the thing apart. It's held together by glue and double sided tape rather than screws like on an iPhone so I would image once you've removed the screen to dig around, you'll probably damage the screen removing it and then have real issues putting everything back together again.

36334902794_9e1ea0b6a7_o.jpg

Nice little tear down on here, this owner was looking at replacing the headphone jacks...you can see the battery in a picture further down.

http://www.just-hifi.com/Pioneer-XD...oid-MQA-2x-MicroSD-WiFi-AptX_10212440-48.html

I'm wondering if at some point Pioneer will make a XDP-350R (for example) with a larger battery installed.

Your other option is just to carry around a battery backup unit with you and charge when needed.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2018 at 7:52 AM Post #1,250 of 2,532
Yes I noticed the Dignis versions for the Onkyo models, again not sure about compatability with the Pioneer. I did send an email but no response I'm afraid.

The positive thing I suppose is that the Pioneer/Onkyo cases/pouches are slowly starting to appear now. You need to do some detective work to find them, but they are there.

I agree though about the costs, found a few that are not so bad but even so $100-$150 for a case is pretty high, especially after you've paid out for the player.

Does VanNuys have a UK or USA dealer? I've found their website but everything is in Japanese so not even sure they will delivery to the UK via that route.

I found the same case featured on EBay for £45 from a company in Japan that I've used before but once you add postage on it comes to £85 anyway so no real difference in the end. They do sell SACD though so I may treat myself to a few of those at the same time! lol.

I may get the official Pioneer case for the time being and I've ordered a universal Neoprene pouch just to keep it safe from knocks. Only £4.

Where did you find the neoprene case ?
The Pioneer case has already arrived to me, Shame the player is still ‘in transit’, but it’ll be here soon! I’ve just been filling up a couple of micro sd cards in anticipation:)
The case for the Onkyo will fit as the 2 players are identical, well almost, the bottom left corner is obviously different, but the overall dimensions are the same I believe.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2018 at 8:03 AM Post #1,251 of 2,532
Where did you find the neoprene case ?

It was a generic one I found on EBay. The dimensions look fine but I'll test it out when it arrives. If all seems ok, I'll send you a link.

I did think about posting the link here but I want to make sure myself before pointing anyone in that direction. :)

Jan 10, 2018 at 9:23 AM Post #1,252 of 2,532
Probably not a solution for everyone, but I keep the player in a "Maxpedtion Mini Pocket Organizer." The pouch is bulky enough to pad the player in case of a drop. The double zipper around three edges gives options for cord management and access to the volume or buttons. And there's room for headphones, charger cord, credit cards, etc.

Just a thought that some may find helpful.

Jan 10, 2018 at 9:28 AM Post #1,253 of 2,532
I saw your question, but can't really help for your use case. I do have a 400Gb and 256Gb card combo in mine at the moment, both cards are completely full with FLAC files too and it works great, but I just use folder mode so have no experience of your intended usage.

Thanks Steve
Will probably go ahead with it anyway and post back here if I have success with the iTunes playlist isyncr to poweramp transfer.

Jan 10, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #1,254 of 2,532
Thanks Steve
Will probably go ahead with it anyway and post back here if I have success with the iTunes playlist isyncr to poweramp transfer.

I haven't received my player yet so I can't comment directly. However I think the player is compatible with the iTunes playlists that you create as long as you are syncing with your iTunes library.

It becomes more complex if you are copying music files directly from a NAS or HD.

The playlist function on the Pioneer is very manual compared to iTunes. Whereas on iTunes you can drag songs, have "recently added" or setup auto playlists (I have one that creates a playlist from all music in the 80's) these facilities don't seem to exist.

So I'm in the process of ripping my CD's to FLAC. When I copy those over I'll have to create my playlists again manually (I assume). That seems to be the case judging by the online manual.

Previously it looked like you had to create all playlists on the device itself which must be very laborious. However I noticed that a recent update to the DAP software now allows creation/transfer of playlists, although until I get the player I won't be able to test this out.

I know that some clever people also create the playlists in coded form as well. Apologies in advance if I've misinformed you. Just going by what I've read so far.

Here's the link to the latest version (oddly it seems to only show on the Pioneer Japan website).

http://jp.pioneer-audiovisual.com/support/av_pc/compo/dap/x-daplink/download/index_EN.php

(Ver 1.3.0 2017/12/1)
*Add the Playlist function (Create New/ Duplicate / Edit / Delete / Transfer / Backup etc.)
*Backup and Restore playlists created in Android ”Music App”(Pioneer XDP-100R/300R)
*Backup and Restore playlists created in ”Player device”(Pioneer XDP-30R)
*Import playlists created in ”Apple iTunes” PC application
*Import ”.m3u/.m3u8” format playlists created in other applications into ”Music app” and ”Player device”.
*Import direct downloaded songs by “onkyo music downloader” (ONKYO/Pioneer DAP -all lineups are supported as MTP and USB Mass Storage mode).

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2018 at 11:22 AM Post #1,256 of 2,532
this is what i'm using for now and since it holds my earbuds as well, it might be its permanent home.. the player fits perfectly with about 3/4" of the top exposed in a sleeve on the left or right sides and you can put your earbuds or adaptors into the sleeve on the other side there are two sleeves, one is solid cloth and one is mesh. then there are two smaller sleeves on top of those. unless you put something on the other side that might scratch the small portion of the display that's exposed outside the sleeve, there's no reason you couldn't put it in display-down and then only part of the back would be exposed. and by exposed, i don't mean to the outside. i realize i'm describing it badly.

oh, and the 300r with the pioneer case on it will fit into either sleeve as well, but barely and it's fairly tight getting in and out although i'm certain the material would stretch with use.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BD0GPKE/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

/guy

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #1,257 of 2,532
Jan 10, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #1,258 of 2,532
Jan 11, 2018 at 6:07 AM Post #1,259 of 2,532
What sort of ‘burn-in’ time do you guys recommend for the 300? It already sounds good to me outta the box, but I was a bit curious as to it sounding even better with time?

Jan 11, 2018 at 8:24 AM Post #1,260 of 2,532
:wink: Everything is good, well almost, battery life needs to settle! :)

( I had a Cayin N5ii on order but was let down, as it sold out before my pre-order was fulfilled! Still, for slightly more money I got hold of the xdp-300. Thier loss was my gain! )

C7960456-90DC-42CF-9B8D-472F2AA3D625.jpeg

Nhoord red + Pioneer = :)

19910C48-F43B-4D92-BFD7-6348E3B1A112.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back