Pioneer SE MJ751 upgraded cable distant echo HELP please ;-)
Mar 29, 2013 at 9:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Rustybaw

New Head-Fier
Hello everybody, I need your help, please!!! I bought a set of Pioneer SE-MJ751 headphones with detachable cable after reading positive reviews. The detachable cable was a pretty bog standard cable that I wanted to replace, it was flimsy & of similar quality to the free cable that comes with an Ipod.

images
41c1sBt53FL._SL160_SL160_.jpg

410kb-ehylL._SL500_SL160_.jpg

Right, the problem came when I bought two new cables from Amazon, the first being HD zones 3.5mm jack to 3.5mm jack aux lead wire cable & the second being a 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack to jack loops aux/lead cable. I'm not that techy but both cables advised they were compatible with Ipods etc (it's an Ipod I'm using). When I plug them in its a distant echoey sound I'm getting, neither cables are a great fit at the jack with the headphones & the sound only comes out one ear unless I'm holding & pushing them flush, even then the sound is echoey. I'm online trying to find out if there's afix or if I've bought the wrong type of cable & if so what cable should I buy. If anyone could help to answer these questions I'd be most grateful, prob just me not being very knowledgeable, thanks in advance all.

Just tried both cables in the car with my Ipod & both work, just don't seem to be compatible with the headphones for some reason. If anyone knows the problem or what cables (& poss where to buy online, UK) I'de be chuffed :wink:

Aug 13, 2013 at 5:24 AM Post #2 of 2
I have exactly the same problem. Maybe the headphones are broken? I'm hoping you already found a solution since this thread is already kind of old. I have also send an email to a Pioneer-store but am still waiting for a response. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back