Pioneer SE-A1000 (Sennheiser HD 650 for $45?)
Aug 7, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #572 of 1,082
This is the pioneer fanclub not the "i dont like these headphones because the op compared them unfairly to endgame headphones and was disappointed/dont like their sound signature" thread.

These in my experience outperform mosy cans in the $200 range. Note that i said most, and not all. They arent very bright, and while they have wonderful bass extension FOR AN OPEN CAN, they dont compete with closed cans. These are midrange masters, notable from their fr chart. These are very similar to if the srh840 was open in terms of performance and how it measures.

These are better at handling rock and metal than grados sr325i, and have a better midrange than every other modern open can in the $200~ range.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

Aug 7, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #573 of 1,082
Quote:
Saying superlux outperform these is outright hilarious. They arent even close.

You're right, the Superlux Evo 681 I just got outperform these Pioneers by a wide margin, and come close in soundstage despite being semi-open. Paid nearly the same price too.

Aug 7, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #574 of 1,082
Quote:

Hilarious? Why? Because some of the Superlux models reproduce a flatter and cleaner measurement response than these for the under $50. Otherwise please enlighten me. The whole point of hi-fidelity and what most audio companies out there chase after is producing a flat response as close as neutral and transparent to the original source as intended. 

Quote:
This is the pioneer fanclub not the "i dont like these headphones because the op compared them unfairly to endgame headphones and was disappointed/dont like their sound signature" thread.

No one said they didn't like these headphones because it is compared unfairly to endgame headphones because some of us here who have actually heard/owned these the latter mentioned headphones years before this thread was made but because it's people like the OP that create or make mis-leading assertions hyping a product that doesn't yield that performance claimed to be and then everyone jumping on the bandwagon, give or take sometime, they move on from the "new toy syndrome" until another product is hyped. 

Yeah you do get some brands/products that do up being worthy of the hype and end up staying here (Hifiman, Fischer Audio for example and Soundmagic for IEM's etc)....

Threads like this just cracks me up, like the little amount of experience some of you guys have with specific categorised headphones.

Aug 8, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #576 of 1,082
Quote:
I have heard just about every notable headphone from $10 to $300, in ear, open, and closed. Dont tell me i lack experience.

This is why many of us, such as I, took your word and a few others and gave these a shot.

Quote:

..and this is why your word means nothing to me and a few others now, because your subjective opinion is way off base compared to the majority of others who have recently picked the Pioneers up only to be extremely disappointed, based on the hype. My Superlux 681 EVO destroys these, and now the Takstar Pro 80 and HD6000 I just picked up from China today really show how colored these Pioneers are. All three are more neutral, natural, and more appealing, for around the same price. We're talking $50-90 headphones here, nevermind $300.  

Aug 8, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #577 of 1,082
Im not the one comparong them to endgame headphones. In fact i was only "hyping" them up vs other cans in their original price range or lower as an alternative, and now im being subjective and opinionated? Ok cool story bro. Way to make an ass out of me.

Aug 8, 2013 at 1:29 AM Post #578 of 1,082
You seem to be doing just fine with that all on your own.

I'm lucky enough that I was able to send these back as defective, because the cable needed to be pulled or twisted in headphone jacks in order to not cut out sound from one channel at a time. The cable quality is seemingly poor as well.

For those who like these, enjoy, but add me to the list of the very disappointed who were tricked by this thread. Buyer beware.

Aug 8, 2013 at 1:49 AM Post #581 of 1,082
Indeed and that is why myself, ourfpshero and probably so many others in this thread that was disappointed by the stark differences between the two said headphones of how misleading the thread title is. 

Aug 8, 2013 at 1:49 AM Post #582 of 1,082
Quote:
HD6000?, HD600?. 

I was confused about that, too. I think there is an actual Superlux HD6000, but it's not available outside China yet. I Googled and came across a Head-Fi thread where something like that was mentioned. But bhazard will no doubt clue us in.

Aug 8, 2013 at 2:17 AM Post #584 of 1,082
About sometime someone with some sense chimes in, " The truth shall set you free"........LOL
Oh, I agree with the poster about the HD449 as well......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back