PIONEER PD-D6-J vs NAD C542
Feb 6, 2009 at 2:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Adu

500+ Head-Fier
Hi guys! I want to buy a dedicate source for my CD's collection and I'm not yet convince wich one it's better for this job: PIONNER PD-D6-J or NAD C542. From Pioneer I like the design and features and from Nad I like the warm, dark sound.
Also, I have some SACD's in my collections.
Thanks for help.

Feb 7, 2009 at 6:33 PM Post #2 of 10
What do you think about Pioneer PD-D6-J? It s better than Nad C542?

Feb 12, 2009 at 3:00 AM Post #3 of 10
Well, the ideal thing to do would be to order both and see which one you like more.

I can understand if that's not an option, though (the Pioneer SACD players seem difficult to obtain around here by any means other than special order).

However, if it were me, I'd take the player with SACD capability over the one that can't play SACDs.

Feb 12, 2009 at 11:37 AM Post #4 of 10
Pioneer PD-D6-J it's my choice. I love the sound of this CD/SACD player; it's open, detailed and natural. For the price it's a bargain.

Feb 12, 2009 at 2:18 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pioneer PD-D6-J it's my choice. I love the sound of this CD/SACD player; it's open, detailed and natural. For the price it's a bargain.

That's good to hear!

Do you notice a big difference between CD and SACD playback on it?

Also, how's the fast forward on it? (Kind of a weird question, but the slow fast-forward on my Marantz SA8001 has been driving me insane lately).

Finally, if you put the clock into track time remain mode, does it stay in that mode when you change discs?

Feb 12, 2009 at 6:45 PM Post #6 of 10
I have notice no big difference beetwen CD/SACD, so far; these day's I want to make more test's.
Anyway, the sound it's quite better than my previous player and I'm happy now.

Feb 12, 2009 at 10:22 PM Post #7 of 10
Thanks for responding about the CD vs SACD issue.

If it's not too much trouble, could you also respond to my questions about fast forward speed and the time remain function? I'm quite curious about them and there are no dealers around here that seem to carry the PD-D6 in stock.

Feb 13, 2009 at 9:37 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Robonaut /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If it's not too much trouble, could you also respond to my questions about fast forward speed and the time remain function? I'm quite curious about them and there are no dealers around here that seem to carry the PD-D6 in stock.

It's no problem; the player have 4x fast forward speed and the time remain in function all the time, except when you listen in PURE AUDIO mode.
By the way, I'm listening in PURE AUDIO. I'll have to test it in others ways like LEGATO LINK.

Jan 30, 2010 at 2:34 AM Post #10 of 10
I just got the Elite today and I can tell you that the sound coming out of it is really nice. This is a really good player. Can't say for NAD, I haven't heard it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back