Pioneer new DJ In-Ear Headphones DJE-2000 and DJE-1500
Dec 27, 2014 at 7:15 PM Post #79 of 135
considrring the price difference, there is no shame. Im looking dirward to my pair!
exactly :) Actually in regards to value the DJE1500 slays the Z5 because there is no way the Z5 is 3 times better.

Dec 27, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #80 of 135
@daveyostrow are you referring to the DJE1500 or Z5 when you say you looking forward to your pair?

Dec 30, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #82 of 135
Okay, initial impression is that they sound good. Clear mids, deep bass, a bit of sparkly on the top, but the fit is something you're gonna have to get use too. I'm having an extremely difficult time with it. I think I might have figured it out with the medium auvio tips but I'm honestly not sure if I am going to keep these if I can't figure out a way to make them a little more comfortable.

Triple Flange tips are more comfortable but sound slightly bass anemic.

EDIT: I'm liking a smaller triple flange. Seems to balance out the sound. Not as bass anemic as the larger, so I probably wasn't getting a good fit.

Dec 30, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #83 of 135
the tips they come with dont work very well, i used some others that were a bit better. housing was surprisingly big, like tiny space capsules.
bass is strong, i like it, but midbass is stronger than the lower bass. mids are great, clear and forward, just a tad shouty on the upper mids. A tiny bit EQ helps, and better yet, an upgraded cable cleans up the sound just enough.

At first they were a bit aggressive, but im beginning to really dig em.

Dec 30, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #84 of 135
The bass settles down a bit with use becoming a bit more linear. I use UE tips with mine. If you want to tame the upper kids and treble a bit try using Sony hybrids both these tips are very comfortable to boot.

Dec 31, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #85 of 135
the tips they come with dont work very well, i used some others that were a bit better. housing was surprisingly big, like tiny space capsules.
bass is strong, i like it, but midbass is stronger than the lower bass. mids are great, clear and forward, just a tad shouty on the upper mids. A tiny bit EQ helps, and better yet, an upgraded cable cleans up the sound just enough.

At first they were a bit aggressive, but im beginning to really dig em.

Yes, the housing is probably the biggest that I've had in my ears. I think that might be where most of the discomfort is coming from and it will settle when I get use to the size.

I also agree with all of your other initial opinions. I'm currently using the foams that came with the IEM because it helps with comfort and it only makes it slightly more v-shaped; nothing overbearing

Dec 31, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #86 of 135
Yes, the housing is probably the biggest that I've had in my ears. I think that might be where most of the discomfort is coming from and it will settle when I get use to the size.

I also agree with all of your other initial opinions. I'm currently using the foams that came with the IEM because it helps with comfort and it only makes it slightly more v-shaped; nothing overbearing

they are big, but not bigger than average. Many are bigger, but the swivel piece makes them feel larger, nor are they as problematic as the M200. I just wasnt a fan of the tips or the cable for that matter. Mine are white, which gives them the spaceship look. 

I think they have the "over ear" and "normal" indications wrong. Helps to have them the other way around.

Dec 31, 2014 at 11:41 PM Post #87 of 135

I think they have the "over ear" and "normal" indications wrong. Helps to have them the other way around.

Yeah, definitely noticed this.

Jan 1, 2015 at 3:33 AM Post #89 of 135
No way as big as the H3. So don't worry about them being like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back