Pioneer DJ HRM-5 & HRM-6
May 11, 2017 at 12:39 AM Post #31 of 52
Isolation is very good, despite it not being super heavy. Not sure how good compared to the M50x.

Would the isolation work on a bus or train? With my M50x, I can wear them on a bus/train. Although, I might hear a little bit of background noise, depending on how loud everyone/everything is. Thankfully I don't use the bus/train often, so isolation is not the top of my list (unless it was really bad, which you say these aren't). But just for the sake of comparison, how do you think these would fare?

May 11, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #33 of 52
I've only used mine at home, but I think they would block out enough noise to be usable on a train, bus, plane. I can drive them well straight from my laptop or my Astell and Kern AK100 II without any problem, so they do not require lots of power.

May 14, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #35 of 52
These don't isolate good by my standards. They are not really suitable for portable use to begin with IMO. I think they are ok if you walk around on town roads or parks but in a busy city or train I don't find the isolation all that great. It's not bad but these are more stay at home headphones IMO. They also have bass ports on the top...
they are however supremely comfortable long sessions.

May 14, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #36 of 52
These don't isolate good by my standards. They are not really suitable for portable use to begin with IMO. I think they are ok if you walk around on town roads or parks but in a busy city or train I don't find the isolation all that great. It's not bad but these are more stay at home headphones IMO. They also have bass ports on the top...
they are however supremely comfortable long sessions.

Thanks! Yeah, they look really comfortable. :)

Aug 2, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #37 of 52
Just picked up a pair of the 6 off Amazon. Got them last night and listened for about 1-2 hours. Very light and comfy. Love the sound. Similar sig to my CH9T which is why I went for these. Less sub bass but overall it works for me.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2018 at 9:10 PM Post #38 of 52
Strangely, I think everything I read about the HRM-6 undersold them. Just took delivery the other day, been very surprised by the quality of the sub-bass, the clarity, articulation, imaging, low distortion, and precision of the high end while not being overly-fatiguing. They've genuinely surprised me in a good way, something that doesn't happen often for me. Room for improvement would be more metal in the build, and I'd prefer no soft-touch plastics. Fortunately there isn't much soft-touch plastic, and overall the plastic that is used seems to be of a very high quality. Comfort and build quality are very good for me overall (I have an XL head and their clamp force is neither too high nor too low). Source is lossless hi-res audio over optical at 24-bit, 96Khz to a JDS Labs OL DAC and Objective 2 amp, or an Onkyo DP-S1 Rubato.

Mar 8, 2018 at 3:30 AM Post #39 of 52
Yeah I put HM5 pads on a while ago and think I need to go back to stock. Unfortunately, I think I tried a couple weekends ago and couldn't get the pads back on will give it a go again on Friday. I just wish the short cable wasn't so stiff.

Apr 23, 2018 at 6:46 PM Post #41 of 52
Comfy. Decent for music but good from movies and YT videos and what not. Wish I could run them balanced and see what that does but unfortunately can't happen. Oh well lol. Mine basically collect dust now.

May 2, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #42 of 52
image.jpg
Comfy. Decent for music but good from movies and YT videos and what not. Wish I could run them balanced and see what that does but unfortunately can't happen. Oh well lol. Mine basically collect dust now.

Take your hrm6 out and try this tape to fully cover the holes. Big step up in the mids.

Last edited:
May 3, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #45 of 52
I'm doing sone experiments with silicone. Have you any idea of a material who can take the shape of the port and become gummy to have a cover and make the mod instantly reversible? Maybe the polymer of custom tips?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back