Pioneer 800C question, couldn't find this exact answer...
May 26, 2005 at 4:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Hocenut1

New Head-Fier
I am considering purchasing the Pioneer SE Dir-800C phones with dolby headphone & DTS, and wireless. I knwo there are many threads on this product, but I couldn't seem to get a 100% answer to my question.

There was a post in the forum, and I verified this in the product manual on-line, about only working with source capable of 44.1Khz output?

I am not sure exactly what spec to look at. I assume these phones work with X-box, but I am concerned that my 2 DVD players at home may not work.

Can you dumb that down for me? Are only very expensive DVD players capable of the 44.1Khz to 48Khz? Does is matter if I just connect then to my Denon AVR-3300? Or would that just be an issue if I plugged the Pioneer base directly into the DVD Player?

Sorry for what might be a stupid question, but you seem to be very knowledgeable on the subject and maybe there is an easy way to check, or perhaps it isnt an issue, but I have seen threads where people had problems with this and didnt get responses.

Thanks if you can help clarify

Jun 1, 2005 at 8:49 PM Post #2 of 2
They work with 44.1 and 48, they don't work with 96.

Movies are all 48 KHz, music is 44.1.

The headphones work with both in their native sample rates when using digital inputs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back