Pioneer 563A vs NAD 521BEE or Cambridge D500SE/Azur 540C for redbook?
post-749434
Post #1 of 1

TMC

1000+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I'm doing some research for a new stationary cd-player that will be purchased in a not too distant future. Now with all these new formats available I'm considering a "do-it-all" player with both DVD-A and SACD to go with redbook. The only player of that kind that is available in my vicinity (Sweden) within my budget is the Pioneer 563A. After some consideration I realise that redbook is still the most important part for me, so I was wondering how the 563A measure up for redbook when compared to other redbook-only players out there like the NAD 521BEE or the Cambridge players in the same pricerange. I have a shop in town where I can audition NAD and Cambridge, but if I want to get the 563A it's from an online dealer with no refund. So as you can see I'm having some trouble trying to decide if I should get the 563A with all the extra features and a rather small hit on redbook performance or if there is actually quite a bit of difference in quality. All the players mentioned are rather similar in price for me so that's not an issue and I will use the 563A for music only since I have a dvd-player already. Anyone have any comments how a good entry-level player, preferable those I mentioned, measure up to the 563A? Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)