Pint-size standalone bluetooth-capable amplifier?

1. ezwhip
    Hi all-

I'm in love with my Etymotic ER-4Ps with my ACS custom earmolds, but I'm jealous of all the folks at the gym with bluetooth headphones that are unencumbered by cables tied to their phones in their workout shorts (like me). Is there such a thing as a standalone bluetooth-capable amplifier that can help me cut the cord with my existing earbuds?

Thanks in advance,
    Darren

2. Dulalala
    I think those use MMCX right? You could buy a wireless MMCX cable like the one Westone offers or get something like the Fiio BTR1

3. Grimbles
  4. ezwhip
    Tried the Westone and unfortunately the Etymotics won't click on to the ends of the connectors - maybe MMCX isn't totally standard? Harrumph.

Any other votes for MMCX bluetooth cables? Many on Amazon have mixed reviews.

5. ProtegeManiac Contributor
    If you can go with shorter IEM cables there's the Fiio BTR-1. Use a shorter IEM cable or loop and tie it to shorten, thenclip the BTR1 somewhere on your shirt such that it won't get in the way.

Or maybe get a smaller player like the Fiio M3 (assuming you're not using Spotify) and get cheap earphones for working out that have a Shure/Westone-style shell, then loop the cable behind you and to the M3 on an armband so it doesn't bounce around in your pants.