Pinback - Autumn of the Seraphs
Oct 31, 2007 at 1:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

widdors

100+ Head-Fier
Has anyone listened to this album? I heard "how we breathe" on a KEXP podcast and really liked it. If this song is representative of the album, I'll definetely get it.

Nov 1, 2007 at 2:22 PM Post #3 of 14
Oh! I have it
biggrin.gif
It's a great album, no doubt. I actually saw them live a month or so ago
smily_headphones1.gif
Awesome band.

Nov 1, 2007 at 4:10 PM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by kpeezy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh! I have it
biggrin.gif
It's a great album, no doubt. I actually saw them live a month or so ago
smily_headphones1.gif
Awesome band.

That was all I needed to hear, I'll pick it up on my way home.
Thanks

Nov 1, 2007 at 5:14 PM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by widdors /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That was all I needed to hear, I'll pick it up on my way home.
Thanks

Do you have any of their previous stuff? There have been some pretty good threads around here in the past, especially after Summer in Abaddon. Blue Screen Life is a very nice one too. They have a couple very good EPs also.

Kind of a Wilco / Son Volt story with Pinback and Black Heart Procession, although there's no chance ever of an Uncle Tupelo reunion. On the other hand, Zack and Pall and the drummer guy are still good friends and have revisited their last band Three Mile Pilot recently and still apparently plan to release another TMP record. In the meantime, the old Chief Assassin to the Sinister by TMP is a great heavy dose of that earlier sound, kind of a Pinback meets Smashing Pumpkins type of sound. Their first and only short-lived trip to the major labels (although the indie version on Headhunter is the only one still available new). Dark, and heavy, but still oddly melodic. And some pretty strange lyrics. Made a severely under-appreciated thread about it awhile back
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 2, 2007 at 12:31 AM Post #7 of 14
yeh autumn of the seraphs is a great album, but definitely if your going to buy one you should buy blue screen life first. Seville has got to be my favorite songs by pinback, that or XIY. Good to sea is one of my favorites on the autumn of the seraphs. Here's the song on youtube I posted a month or so ago. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h9QFXviJ2E

Nov 2, 2007 at 3:05 AM Post #9 of 14
Yeah any song from that album is representative for their album. Their sound/quality is definitely consistent. I still like Summer in Abaddon better, but this album is definitely a bit more polished.

Nov 2, 2007 at 1:28 PM Post #11 of 14
I picked up autumn of seraphs last night and really like it. I just got some new headphones, and it was the first thing I listened to on them, so it seems pretty special just because of the new gear. I'll have to check of summer of abandon, I definetely like their sound.
Thanks.

Nov 7, 2007 at 9:03 PM Post #14 of 14
I really hope that pinback doesn't go to the mainstream anytime soon. I heard them playing a few tracks at old navy yesterday : /.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back