Pin broke off in TF10 socket...what to do
Mar 4, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #17 of 26
Haven't had a chance to do it yet, actually been in the car since 4 am on the way to Alpharetta, GA.  But hopefully when I return I'll be able to get it done.  

May 28, 2013 at 5:00 PM Post #18 of 26
Omg...this just happened to me today and I am so sad...I tried to use tweezers to remove the pin but i can't seem to get a grip to pull it out...

Now I want to try the gorilla glue thing, but i'm too scared that the glue will get into more than just the pin. I don't know what to do and i have no money to reshell these into customs nor do i want to sell them @_@

Jul 18, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #20 of 26
Just broke one of mine and I am losing my ****.. Did the glue work? I suppose I am calling jewelers tomorrow.. 

Another member has suggested to use a scalpel blade or box cutter and try to dig into the side of the pin ,(if any is sticking up). You might be able to slowly pull up and turn at the same time to lift it.

Jul 18, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #21 of 26
Quote:
Another member has suggested to use a scalpel blade or box cutter and try to dig into the side of the pin ,(if any is sticking up). You might be able to slowly pull up and turn at the same time to lift it.

Yeah well of course my custom cables sheered off almost completely flat. I was thinking of solder to other set of good pins to the broken ones and hoping for the best although I will have to use a low wattage for this so I dont melt the casing connector. 

Jul 18, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #22 of 26
Yeah well of course my custom cables sheered off almost completely flat. I was thinking of solder to other set of good pins to the broken ones and hoping for the best although I will have to use a low wattage for this so I dont melt the casing connector. 

I don't think solder will hold, unfortunately but you can try.

I would take it to a jeweler first though and get his opinion. if they do have a solution please report back and let us know, as this is a problem many members experience without many options other than reshelling.

Jul 18, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #23 of 26
Quote:
I don't think solder will hold, unfortunately but you can try.

I would take it to a jeweler first though and get his opinion. if they do have a solution please report back and let us know, as this is a problem many members experience without many options other than reshelling.

http://www.amazon.com/Pit-Bull-CHIDB003-Precision-21-Piece/dp/B000VNPRNQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1374121578&sr=8-2&keywords=Mini+Micro+Drill+Bit

This is what the computer club kids are using

Jul 18, 2013 at 12:46 AM Post #24 of 26
Jul 18, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #25 of 26
Quote:
Give it a try, hopefully the pin metal is softer than the drill bit!

Well if its true brass then it should be. Brass is the softest metals I have worked with I know that much.. I will report back once I figure this out. I refuse to pay a watch shop to do it.. its I do break the shell then I guess its ear molds for me then

Users who are viewing this thread

Back