Pillow shopping experience
Jun 4, 2006 at 2:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

JahJahBinks

Headphoneus Supremus
Today I went to department stores to shop for a better pillow (somehow I strained my neck last night). While trying to find my way out of tons of pillows on the rack, I can't help but to notice that every single plastic pillow cover bag has a picture of either a blonde or a brunette female. Some with eyes closed, some with eyes open and looking at you as if she..., Okay, I am not going to go there but you see the question of why they even show that particular facial expression is debatable. However what I really want to say is that why does every pillow cover bag have a picture of a woman? When have pillows become feminine products, and men are regarded as beasts who can sleep on top of anything? While on my way to uncover the most hideous act of sexism by pillow manufacturers in recently history, I reported my finding to a store manager and demand that all pillows in the store be removed from racks until pillow manufacturers agree to print pictures of males on the cover bags for half of the pillows manufactured. I was told to get my ass out of the store.

Jun 4, 2006 at 2:55 AM Post #2 of 19
Heh, I got my pillow at winners (canadian store I believe), and I don't think I saw any with a women on them, lol?

Jun 4, 2006 at 4:27 AM Post #3 of 19
Got my most recent round of goose down pillows at Ikea - no female pics on there, either...

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Jun 4, 2006 at 5:28 AM Post #4 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by lini
Got my most recent round of goose down pillows at Ikea

I just recently threw down for four new pillows at ikea also...they have a pretty impressive selection. The new pillows are great...but it always takes a couple of nights to adjust, doesn't it?

Peace,

Graz

Jun 4, 2006 at 5:43 AM Post #5 of 19
Damn, I'm missing out on babe pics. My pillows came with just a crappy picture of a piece of down on it!
mad.gif

Jun 4, 2006 at 9:16 AM Post #6 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy
Damn, I'm missing out on babe pics. My pillows came with just a crappy picture of a piece of down on it!
mad.gif

I hear you can find what you're looking for on the Internet. Not that I'd know anything about that.

And Jah Jah- that's a great story!

Jun 4, 2006 at 3:36 PM Post #8 of 19
I bought an obus forme pillow (was on sale for 8$ CND-> sweet) and it has a picture of a girl sleeping on it. Whatever, does it really matter in the end? I have gripes with the small pillow though. I eventually moved to a huge, long pillow that covers the width of the bed so no matter where I move I have pillow.

Jun 4, 2006 at 4:43 PM Post #12 of 19
So I actually noticed the same thing the last time I was looking at pillows. Here's what I came up with. You don't really want to have mens pillows and womens pillows, because that's silly (though not completely unlikely). So you put a picture of a beautiful, happy woman on it. When women see it, they will think "If I buy this pillow, I'll be like the beautiful, happy woman." When men see it, they'll think "If I buy this pillow, it'll help me put a beautiful, happy woman like this one in my bed (or the one I already have will be happy I bought this one)."

If you put a picture of a guy on the pillow, guys may not identify with it as themselves. And most guys won't want a handsome, happy guy in their beds. Or the fact that pillows are kind of a comfort item and it's tough to make them manly
icon10.gif

Jun 4, 2006 at 4:44 PM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Senn20
Who wants to buy a pillow with a hairy dude on it?

Me - I'll take this one:

lutkb105.jpg

Grinnings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Aug 8, 2011 at 5:05 AM Post #15 of 19
I use Tempur pillows and they seem to show both male and females on their packaging, which I suppose is appealing to both genders - even though I must admit I didn't buy it for that purpose. A good pillow is a sign of comfort, relaxation and harmony which I think most manufacturers try to envisage on their packaging. My pillow is certainly just that! I used to experience headaches when I used to wake up in the mornings and after changing my pillow I feel so much at ease and experience hardly any headaches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back