Pictures of Your Vinyl Setup!
Aug 6, 2009 at 7:35 PM Post #166 of 183
One of the very lightest, leanest and cheapest rigs of this thread.
Rega P3 2000; RB300 w/ tungsten CW; Rega Exact; ProJect Wallmount. $440 used plus $85 for the Wallmount.
Proton 520 integrated amp with phono. $75 used.

The Exact as expected is in a whole nother league than the Linn K5 which is fitted to a now de-mounted Planar 3. However, the Exact does sound a bit dry in comparison. It had 150hrs on it when bought. Add tubes or trying different carts, advice here?

The Exact tracks much better than the cheap Linn or for that matter the even cheaper Ortofon OMe5 on my P1, floating through where the others don't; and importantly it digs right through surface noise. It's greatest feat so far was passing a total torture test which was Kate Bush The Kick Inside, included in a big box of used LPs I bought and which may have been played 2001 times on a Fischer Price. On the Planar 3/Linn K5 it ranks among the noisiest LP's I've ever heard.

Just being able to play through any garage sale bin is great money's worth for a fine mid-price cart like that.

3796106054_1988915c3c_o.jpg
3796105418_deb1fec574_o.jpg

Aug 7, 2009 at 7:14 AM Post #169 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by tapehiss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some great setups here!

I finally moved into my new apartment. Mostly everything is still in boxes/bags strewn about the place, but my music room is coming along pretty nicely.

3776889000_b319957328_b_d.jpg

I love your set-up tapehiss. I plan on getting a single Technics 1200 MK5 to add to my DJ set-up. I wanna get a collection of disco albums. What does your collection look like.

Aug 8, 2009 at 10:47 PM Post #170 of 183
Thanks! The SL 1200 is great, you'll love it! My collection is mostly various forms of punk rock, synth/electonic, jazz, blues, and anything experimental or that looks like it may be interesting. I've barely listened to any disco, but that sounds like a lot of fun. I was at a flea market today and there was a guy with a massive box of disco. I looked through it all, but couldn't decide on anything. I found some good stuff in his other boxes though. All for <$50!

3801208339_c1b7934673_b.jpg

Aug 9, 2009 at 3:46 AM Post #171 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by tapehiss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks! The SL 1200 is great, you'll love it! My collection is mostly various forms of punk rock, synth/electonic, jazz, blues, and anything experimental or that looks like it may be interesting. I've barely listened to any disco, but that sounds like a lot of fun. I was at a flea market today and there was a guy with a massive box of disco. I looked through it all, but couldn't decide on anything. I found some good stuff in his other boxes though. All for <$50!

I have two records right now.
smily_headphones1.gif

Grandpaboy (aka Paul Westerberg) - Dead Man Shake
My Morning Jacket - Z

Aug 10, 2009 at 2:33 PM Post #172 of 183
bunnies,
I just saw one of these at a yard sale but I didn't pounce on it. Darn...j/k! LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by driftingbunnies /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anybody have this turntable?

aas20gabriel20ferrari20red.jpg

Aug 13, 2009 at 12:22 AM Post #173 of 183
Here is my setup. A Rega P25 with a Denon 103R MC cartridge. I run it through a Manley Steelhead which is by far the best phono pre I have heard in my system. I also have a VPI 16.5 RCM which is invaluable in making my albums listenable.

Aug 13, 2009 at 3:04 AM Post #174 of 183
Got a new rig setup today. Technics SL-1400 turntable and Technics SA-5460 receiver. Turntable is running a brand new AT110e cart.

Aug 13, 2009 at 7:41 PM Post #176 of 183
I had an old direct drive turntable from the 80s and i tought i could turn it into a better looking and performing unit by adding a better arm and a solid plinth, the motor assembly was quite sturdy and quite stable to grant decent performances.

This is how it was

And after some hours of work it s up and running in its new shape.

Tomorrow i'll rip something and compare it with my main system, if it sounds as good i'll upgrade the arm ( it's an RB251 ) with michell tecnoweight and accomodate a dl-103 with proper amplification.

Aug 14, 2009 at 3:15 AM Post #177 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meliboeus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had an old direct drive turntable from the 80s and i tought i could turn it into a better looking and performing unit by adding a better arm and a solid plinth, the motor assembly was quite sturdy and quite stable to grant decent performances.

This is how it was

And after some hours of work it s up and running in its new shape.

Tomorrow i'll rip something and compare it with my main system, if it sounds as good i'll upgrade the arm ( it's an RB251 ) with michell tecnoweight and accomodate a dl-103 with proper amplification.

Nice work, that looks great! Good choice of record too, Death rules. And they have the best logo "font" I've come across.

Aug 14, 2009 at 3:45 AM Post #178 of 183
Aug 14, 2009 at 6:51 AM Post #179 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by juzmister /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AudiogoN Forums: TWL's Hi Fi Mod & Doug's VTF tweak

Do the hifi mod on the RB250...it's amazing...

Seems interesting, but i couldn't find any additional information, at least a picture...it's quite difficult to figure out what the mod is by just reading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back