Pictures of Your Vinyl Setup!
Jul 26, 2009 at 5:41 PM Post #151 of 183
IMG_4002.jpg

IMG_4001.jpg

Jul 29, 2009 at 9:57 AM Post #153 of 183
Turntable is a VPI TNT-V "Hot Rod" with the JMW 12.5 tonearm and SDS Speed Controller. The turntable has the HRX Motor / Flywheel and the HRX Acrylic platter.

vinyltable.jpg

vinylsetup.jpg

Sorry for the cable mess...redoing the room and the mess is the result
smily_headphones1.gif

Phono stage is Einstein "Turntables Choice"

vinylphono.jpg

Einstein003.jpg

Cartridge is a Clearaudio Accurate 0.7mV Moving Coil

vinylcartridge.jpg

Jul 29, 2009 at 5:50 PM Post #155 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyRay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Having the VPI on that stand is scaring the hell out of me!
eek.gif

Don't worry. I assure you it is rock solid. You can't see it, but there are Symposium Rollerblocks in between the Symposium Ultrashelf and the VPI MDF stand. The turntable is coupled and decoupled very nicely.

Aug 1, 2009 at 5:46 AM Post #158 of 183
Nice setup tapehiss...I wish I had a setup like yours. I'm still hesitant on a vinyl setup coz I know so little about them and fear about the setup/maintenance effort. But it does sound very appealing.

Aug 1, 2009 at 12:37 PM Post #159 of 183
nice to see another nottingham analogue deck here

Aug 4, 2009 at 3:39 PM Post #161 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by tapehiss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
3776890110_17133780d6_b_d.jpg

Is that IKEA's Expedit? No problemas with the weight? According to them, it's spec'd for max 13kg. One packed cube must be twice that, and maybe 20kg on most of those cubes in your pic?

Aug 4, 2009 at 8:57 PM Post #163 of 183
Yep, that's a 4x4 Expedit. And the table holding my gear is also an Expedit (2x4). In fact every single piece of furniture in that room is from IKEA!

As far as weight problems, I'm not very concerned. There are so many people that store their records in Expedits, and with good reason: just look at it -- it was clearly designed for them! I've seen many pictures of 5x5's stacked much more heavily than mine, and have read only positive testimonies from people who have been using them for many years. It sure feels sturdy enough to me. Of course now that I say that, it'll probably be crumbled to the floor when I get home today!

Quote:

Originally Posted by spahn_ranch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is that IKEA's Expedit? No problemas with the weight? According to them, it's spec'd for max 13kg. One packed cube must be twice that, and maybe 20kg on most of those cubes in your pic?

Aug 4, 2009 at 9:18 PM Post #164 of 183
I did call the IKEA support right here in Scandiland, and "LP... oh, I couldn't tell you. But 13kg, hope that helps".
Looking at it, an LP shelf is indeed what it is, so I asked the support girl if it really isn't commonly used as an LP storage shelf? "Sorry, I have no idea. Furniture for LPs?" Well, knowing my countrymen, we have always and by law rated >26kg limits at <13kg.

It's an LP shelf. A commonly used LP furniture. Thanks, tapehiss.

Thomas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back