Pictures of your Portable Rig
Apr 29, 2004 at 11:04 AM Post #451 of 1,385

boodi

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Nov 19, 2001
Posts
5,731
Likes
126
Sony d303 + pad.mod. Beyerdynamic dt531

Pict0008.jpg
 
Apr 29, 2004 at 11:07 AM Post #452 of 1,385

bangraman

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Oct 3, 2002
Posts
10,275
Likes
30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jc.
So what do you do with the headphones when you're not using them? Do you just leave them on or do you have a case for them because they seem a bit fragile otherwise.



If it's for a short while I usually I find it easier just to leave them on and put up with the funny looks
biggrin.gif
If actually being stowed I have a big bag that it fits into. The only problem is that then I can't carry anything much else. The D-E555 is not problem free (ESP turns off when you plug in an optical client so no skip protection at all) and sometimes I use the iMP-550 or the D-NE900 with the D1000. Still, neither set-up is fully portable nor fully handy for me, so the E5 + iPod Mini goes with me far more often... in fact it will usually travel with me even if I have the D-E555 + D1000. I really would have liked the iHP-120 to have been a good player, it would have solved a lot of issues for me.
 
Apr 29, 2004 at 5:14 PM Post #453 of 1,385

Thaddy

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 26, 2004
Posts
5,004
Likes
184
Location
Texas
Bangraman, what didn't you like about your iHP-120? Have you looked at the Karma at all?

Anyways, keep the pics coming! I have some really nice upgrades planned for the next few weeks, so my Karma will be getting a facelift
smily_headphones1.gif


[size=xx-small]^Cmoy and ER-4P's![/size]
 
May 7, 2004 at 10:05 PM Post #455 of 1,385

Achtunghoy

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jan 5, 2004
Posts
291
Likes
0
Damn Thaddy I wish my Karma had that many friends and that much comfort! I want a Crown Royal bag! You should sew some pockets into it. One for Karma, one for amp, earphones, etc.
 
May 7, 2004 at 10:28 PM Post #456 of 1,385

Thaddy

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 26, 2004
Posts
5,004
Likes
184
Location
Texas
Oh man that's an awesome idea! I already have the bag for the Karma, which I use, so maybe I could make a little something for the amp and tin that store my E2's
smily_headphones1.gif


*runs to go get mom*
 
May 8, 2004 at 12:08 AM Post #457 of 1,385

PooJou

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Feb 14, 2003
Posts
381
Likes
0
Thaddy, just a question, do the E2c's really need the amplification? i mean i tried them out of my iHP and they worked fine.. I was under the impression that like the E5's or E3's maybe needed it? either way, looks awesome heh
 
May 8, 2004 at 3:12 AM Post #458 of 1,385

Thaddy

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 26, 2004
Posts
5,004
Likes
184
Location
Texas
Quote:

Originally Posted by PooJou
Thaddy, just a question, do the E2c's really need the amplification? i mean i tried them out of my iHP and they worked fine.. I was under the impression that like the E5's or E3's maybe needed it? either way, looks awesome heh


Well they don't need the extra amplification, but they do benefit from it. I knew it wasn't going to be a huge difference, but I had other reasons for getting it.

I'm getting the 580's, and I might travel with them, so the Cmoy would be nice in those situations. Also, this is my first amp, so I figured I start out small and get my feet wet. The Cmoy is a nice little amp and will give me a good introduction. Plus, I had some extra cash and upgradeitis was hitting me hard!

Also, I might be getting ER-4's or E5's this summer too
smily_headphones1.gif
 
May 8, 2004 at 5:16 PM Post #459 of 1,385

jaK

New Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 30, 2004
Posts
47
Likes
0
Hi! I was wondering if you guys made that "Mint Tin" (Altoids) cMoy amp yourselves of if you purchased it pre-made? If everyone seems to be just buying it then maybe I'll get a pre-made one off ebay too!
biggrin.gif
Otherwise, I can try to make my own
eek.gif


w00t!
 
May 8, 2004 at 6:00 PM Post #460 of 1,385

TenaciousO

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 24, 2004
Posts
1,207
Likes
11
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaK
Hi! I was wondering if you guys made that "Mint Tin" (Altoids) cMoy amp yourselves of if you purchased it pre-made? If everyone seems to be just buying it then maybe I'll get a pre-made one off ebay too!
biggrin.gif
Otherwise, I can try to make my own
eek.gif


w00t!



I suggest trying to buy one off a member here. Meat01 and Zemo build them for fairly reasonable prices, I believe. If you have a soldering iron, wires, and other prep material, then a decent cmoy amp should cost $30 to build. On the other hand, expect the cost to be much more if you don't have the prep stuff already. Either way though, expect to spend many hours building and fixing the amp. In the end, it'll be just much less of a hassle and minimal extra cost IMO to purchase a cmoy from here. Just don't go to ebay since the prices that people pay for a cmoy there are outrageous.
 
May 8, 2004 at 9:48 PM Post #462 of 1,385

Thaddy

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 26, 2004
Posts
5,004
Likes
184
Location
Texas
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaK
Hi! I was wondering if you guys made that "Mint Tin" (Altoids) cMoy amp yourselves of if you purchased it pre-made? If everyone seems to be just buying it then maybe I'll get a pre-made one off ebay too!
biggrin.gif
Otherwise, I can try to make my own
eek.gif


w00t!



Just like Tenacious mentioned, I had Zemo build me my CMoy. I'll recommend im to anyone, he's even building me some more amps and IC's this summer. Great guy too, he knows what he's talking about
smily_headphones1.gif


Bubbers that looks like a real nice setup! My Karma and CMoy would like to go a few rounds with your iPod and Xin
smily_headphones1.gif
 
May 9, 2004 at 3:10 AM Post #464 of 1,385

bubbers214

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Posts
125
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
Bubbers that looks like a real nice setup! My Karma and CMoy would like to go a few rounds with your iPod and Xin
smily_headphones1.gif



Your Karma wouldn't last a round
tongue.gif
 
May 9, 2004 at 4:11 AM Post #465 of 1,385

jaK

New Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 30, 2004
Posts
47
Likes
0
Quote:

Originally Posted by TenaciousO
I suggest trying to buy one off a member here. Meat01 and Zemo build them for fairly reasonable prices, I believe. If you have a soldering iron, wires, and other prep material, then a decent cmoy amp should cost $30 to build. On the other hand, expect the cost to be much more if you don't have the prep stuff already. Either way though, expect to spend many hours building and fixing the amp. In the end, it'll be just much less of a hassle and minimal extra cost IMO to purchase a cmoy from here. Just don't go to ebay since the prices that people pay for a cmoy there are outrageous.


Thank you tenaciousO and thaddy! I'll contact those people you mentioned
smily_headphones1.gif


Actually, what kind of amp would you suggest for me if I want to use it as a part of my soundcard setup. I'll have an audigy2zs; many people say my HD570s need more power to drive them.

*EDIT* sorry, forgot to list my budget. Basically I want to spend as less as possible but not miss out on a better "bang for the buck." But my range is around $50
redface.gif
but if a little bit more can get me something better for my setup then I am willing to put a bit more in
wink.gif
Just getting started here, I don't want to go broke before I even receive my headphones :p (They're due in May14th!)
biggrin.gif


Thank you!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top