Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Mar 1, 2013 at 3:50 AM Post #2,491 of 37,569
So, here is my EC-33 combo!
(E11+C3)

Sorry about the quality of the photo, was taken with a potato, so please keep that in mind.

In the last picture, I had to cut out a small section of the silicon case to allow my 3.5mm plug to fit, without obstructing the case.

The C3 and the E11 are 3M Dual Locked together, which gives it a firm hold.

Mar 1, 2013 at 4:13 AM Post #2,493 of 37,569
Quote:
So, here is my EC-33 combo!
(E11+C3)

Sorry about the quality of the photo, was taken with a potato, so please keep that in mind.

In the last picture, I had to cut out a small section of the silicon case to allow my 3.5mm plug to fit, without obstructing the case.

The C3 and the E11 are 3M Dual Locked together, which gives it a firm hold.

You really have to keep your eyes "peeled" with these 
deadhorse.gif

Mar 1, 2013 at 4:20 AM Post #2,494 of 37,569
Quote:

You really have to keep your eyes "peeled" with these 
deadhorse.gif

I don't quite understand, could you please elaborate? haha

EDIT: Oh, I get you! Yes, the screen is tiny!

Mar 1, 2013 at 4:37 AM Post #2,496 of 37,569
Quote:
I hope I did well, started my head-fi journey with Shure SRH440s, my first full size headphones
i46.tinypic.com/2j4x3ir.jpg

My source is a crappy phone for now, but I'm getting a Sony Walkman E474 next week. Bought a FiiO Fujiyama E06 to power the 440s and give it a bit of bassboost.
i46.tinypic.com/2iar63c.jpg

I would recommend not using the bass boost on the E06, just use that with the EQ disabled, and boost your bass with the Sony Clear Bass. Also, if you are going to use your Sony with the amp,  get one of these...http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-l5-line-out-dock-lod-cable-for-sony-walkman

Mar 1, 2013 at 6:19 AM Post #2,497 of 37,569
Quote:
I would recommend not using the bass boost on the E06, just use that with the EQ disabled, and boost your bass with the Sony Clear Bass. Also, if you are going to use your Sony with the amp,  get one of these...http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-l5-line-out-dock-lod-cable-for-sony-walkman

Thanks for the recommendation. Yes, I know what you mean, I don't still have the Sony Walkman at hand, that's why I have to suffice with the EQ2 bassboost. I'm a huge fan of Clearbass and its the reason I'm getting my 2nd walkman as the previous one died. As my source is hideous, the E06 helps, a lot, the sound's much cleaner and smoother. And yes, after trying out the Sony with just the Headphone Out, I was thinking of investing in the FiiO L5.

None of these products are available where I live, so it's a bit of a wait and costly for me. I'll update you soon, with my complete setup.

Edit : I'd prolly run the 440s with just the Walkman first though, but the E06 will also give me a better battery life and like you mentioned, with a future L5 upgrade, proper non-amped goodness to the E06. I'd like that.

Mar 1, 2013 at 8:07 AM Post #2,498 of 37,569

The pratical devises xm6 turned up today (wolfson 8471, buf 634) it came with a load of goodies including AD8397 opamp/buffer, so I fired it up connected to the S3 and it works although I suspect the DAC stage is drawing power from the phone but alls good.

Mar 1, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #2,499 of 37,569
Quote:
I curious about this. Did you buy a demo or order the Miracle as a Universal? I am having trouble with my right ear sealing and thinking about options. I have the Custom version.

How bout them 334s? 
deadhorse.gif

Mar 1, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #2,503 of 37,569
Portable Rig - iPod Classic 5th Gen 30GB > Fiio LOD Cable > JDS C5 (attached with 3M dual lock) > Moon Audio Silver Dragon > JH Audio JH13

Ultra Portable Rig - Clip Zip 8GB (not Rockboxed) + 32GB microSD > Etymotics Hf3 with custom tips

Mar 1, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #2,505 of 37,569
Finally I can post my portable gear .. my rocoo ba just came a while ago still waiting for my arrow 4g to pair up with my ipod

Nice! I'm currently enjoying Rocco BA atm, not a bad player from Hisound, not bad at all.

Hows the synergy with W4?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back