Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Nov 16, 2020 at 9:39 PM Post #30,901 of 37,566
Nov 16, 2020 at 10:40 PM Post #30,903 of 37,566
So how do you like your first Noble Audio IEM?
It’s taken me a little longer to appreciate the Sultan’s capabilities to be honest. My initial impression wasn’t very positive. It wasn’t a negative impression either, I just felt it was a bit mediocre for its asking price.

But as time has passed and I’ve had time to try out different sources/find a good synergy, I’ve come to understand it’s strength, which is how it layers music. It’s layering is like no other iem I’ve heard. It shines with a powerful source that has a warmer tonality (like the Kann Alpha).

Working on some detailed impressions which will be posted on the Noble thread :)

Nov 16, 2020 at 10:42 PM Post #30,904 of 37,566
It works with any headphone. They plan to expand it to TVs and any speakers later.

Nice, I'll give it a go this afternoon. Been using btr5/xcan over bt. Is 3d audio done on a system level or is it per game. Playing The Last of Us ( What a game ), wondering if it will have 3d audio.

I should watch digital foundary videos now. I wanted the ps to be a fresh experience so stayed away from all info on it

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2020 at 3:55 AM Post #30,905 of 37,566
It’s taken me a little longer to appreciate the Sultan’s capabilities to be honest. My initial impression wasn’t very positive. It wasn’t a negative impression either, I just felt it was a bit mediocre for its asking price.

But as time has passed and I’ve had time to try out different sources/find a good synergy, I’ve come to understand it’s strength, which is how it layers music. It’s layering is like no other iem I’ve heard. It shines with a powerful source that has a warmer tonality (like the Kann Alpha).

Working on some detailed impressions which will be posted on the Noble thread :)

Same impressions. Sultan is very balanced and not bursting with something in particular, but everything is done well.

Nov 17, 2020 at 6:38 AM Post #30,906 of 37,566

Glad it worked out.

I’ve only heard the Katana Universal, Khan Universal and Encore Universal, but to me each was different.

Nov 17, 2020 at 8:05 AM Post #30,907 of 37,566

Trying to like it and growing to like it and needing to buy specific sources for it to shine doesn't bode to well for Sultan. You wouldn't be the first to think it mediocre for the price. Your honesty is noteworthy!

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2020 at 8:56 AM Post #30,908 of 37,566
Trying to like it and growing to like it and needing to buy specific sources for it to shine doesn't bode to well for Sultan. You wouldn't be the first to think it mediocre for the price. Your honesty is noteworthy!

Took me a while to really get into the Encore. Needless to say it’s an unorthodox tune, yet it’s my favorite most of the time along with the IER-Z1R. Though the Noble Khan was not something I would like? The Khan has this very crispy upper midrange than was just a no go. But maybe this acclimating time frame is more about where your coming from not the new IEM?

Nov 17, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #30,909 of 37,566

If I was to look back it may be that the stretch to like something often resulted with a style of growth on my part?

Nov 17, 2020 at 10:35 AM Post #30,910 of 37,566
Trying to like it and growing to like it and needing to buy specific sources for it to shine doesn't bode to well for Sultan.

Like several amplifiers those need an high voltage output from dacs, or like hungry headphones (Susvara), the Sultan needs some tricks. This is not necessarily a bad thing.

Nov 17, 2020 at 5:16 PM Post #30,911 of 37,566

I'm quite keen to hear how the Kann Alpha stacks up against the rest of A&K's product range, there doesn't seem to be much written about it.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2020 at 5:50 AM Post #30,912 of 37,566
112.jpeg

SOLARIS SE x AK SP1000M x HD800S x DARKVOICE 336SE :gs1000smile:

Nov 18, 2020 at 6:45 AM Post #30,913 of 37,566

Users who are viewing this thread

Back