Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Aug 30, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #28,351 of 37,562
It’s amazing how time flies and the stuff we grow up with become obsolete as technology advance.
I’m 44 and didn’t own much stuff in my younger age.
But I must say with newer generation headphones into older tech stuff, the music sounds great.

I love when you and ngoduc post these classic gears:beerchug: Then again it does remind me how old and long I've been into this hobby:scream: LOL

I'm being a little Rad today:grin:

Aug 30, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #28,352 of 37,562
Well I believe Paul Klipsch once said (or something close) technology has not really gone that far when it come to actual sound. I know a lot of guys with classic gear (Sansui, Pioneer, HK, JBL, Advent, etc.) that sounds every bit as good as a lot of the new generation stuff today:wink:

Aug 30, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #28,354 of 37,562
Sir yes sir and nobody laugh at my German landlords wallpaper:open_mouth: Those would be my Larger Advents under my JBL L-36's, wonder if there are many old dogs like Pod who can name all that gear or just the manufacturers:thinking:

79 Rig.JPG

Portable thread Pod, portable thread:scream:
:flushed:
Carbonization.JPG

Aug 30, 2019 at 7:54 PM Post #28,356 of 37,562
Well I believe Paul Klipsch once said (or something close) technology has not really gone that far when it come to actual sound. I know a lot of guys with classic gear (Sansui, Pioneer, HK, JBL, Advent, etc.) that sounds every bit as good as a lot of the new generation stuff today:wink:

It's actually gone quite far in regards to measurements in digital audio but sound preference will always be the deciding factor no matter how good something looks on paper.

Sometimes it's really nice to forget about the technology and just focus on enjoying your music collection for a while.

Aug 30, 2019 at 7:59 PM Post #28,357 of 37,562
It's actually gone quite far in regards to measurements in digital audio but sound preference will always be the deciding factor no matter how good something looks on paper.

Sometimes it's really nice to forget about the technology and just focus on enjoying your music collection for a while.

Well said Def and basically what I do on a daily basis. I’ve gotten off the next big thing train and just enjoy my music on what I have because there will always be another train to catch!

Aug 31, 2019 at 7:58 AM Post #28,359 of 37,562

Today we're constantly bombarded with information about the latest technology to make us want to upgrade much sooner than we would have a few decades ago. Has it got to the point where manufacturers are practically just 'reinventing the wheel' ?

Aug 31, 2019 at 8:05 AM Post #28,360 of 37,562
Today we're constantly bombarded with information about the latest technology to make us want to upgrade much sooner than we would have a few decades ago. Has it got to the point where manufacturers are practically just 'reinventing the wheel' ?
Dont look and or know if its about the music then you already have the device to enjoy the music. I enjoyed the music a lot more just listening from a 80s walkman.

Aug 31, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #28,361 of 37,562
Dont look and or know if its about the music then you already have the device to enjoy the music. I enjoyed the music a lot more just listening from a 80s walkman.
My fondest music listening memories are from using a slim Sony Walkman bought in the 90s. I used it on the bus too and from school. It sounded amazing

Sep 2, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #28,364 of 37,562
IMG-20190711-WA0011.jpg

Very magical pairing of Jomo trinity SS and Effect audio Cleo Octa

Users who are viewing this thread

Back