Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Dec 16, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #22,113 of 37,439
OK, switching over to my "Christmas Present Wrapping Night Rig"
beerchug.gif

Dec 16, 2016 at 9:12 PM Post #22,116 of 37,439
Easy answer, do YOU think its a great sounding setup for what you paid? If not, well...
But in all seriousness we should all be aware sound is subjective, in addition to that so is the value we place on things. Once you figure out these two things and what they mean to you, others opinions will only matter so much.

Yep, some people enjoy what others think are sterile, lifeless players, or Chinese cheapies instead of players costing gazillions of dollars. Whatever floats your boat.

Dec 17, 2016 at 5:22 AM Post #22,118 of 37,439
I sampled the daps below for a lengthy time today at a Sony shop in Singapore using my EX1000. My impressions .....

1. WM1Z is heavy but I like the feel. If someone wants to rob you just throw at that sucker with this baby. It sounds clearly better than WM1A with fuller and heavier sounding. It sounds even better to my ears with Direct Source turned off. I wish to sample more classical music but there was only one piece available. BTW, UI is user friendly and simple.

2. I have sampled the ZX100 many times and sampled it again today. I would say the ZX100 is a strong buy if you are looking for anything not that overpriced. I also sampled the combo ZX100+PHA-3 but to my ears no improvement from the PHA.

Dec 18, 2016 at 1:24 AM Post #22,120 of 37,439
Good Music over a cup of Good Coffee. Best combination.

Dec 18, 2016 at 3:48 AM Post #22,121 of 37,439
I sampled the daps below for a lengthy time today at a Sony shop in Singapore using my EX1000. My impressions .....

1. WM1Z is heavy but I like the feel. If someone wants to rob you just throw at that sucker with this baby. It sounds clearly better than WM1A with fuller and heavier sounding. It sounds even better to my ears with Direct Source turned off. I wish to sample more classical music but there was only one piece available. BTW, UI is user friendly and simple.

2. I have sampled the ZX100 many times and sampled it again today. I would say the ZX100 is a strong buy if you are looking for anything not that overpriced. I also sampled the combo ZX100+PHA-3 but to my ears no improvement from the PHA.

lol I have ripped 50 more classical music CDs from my friend in Germany and I cannot Estoy to get my WM1A

Users who are viewing this thread

Back