Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jun 7, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #16,699 of 37,599
That does not look like a healthy way to treat the optical cable.  Plastic rods shouldn't be bent like that.

I think, it's fine. All the bends have sweeping radius, not as bad as the 90-degree bends.

Jun 7, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #16,701 of 37,599
Picked up a T51P from FS section here and putting it through it's paces.

How have the T51P's turned out? I'm looking for a good on ear that is detailed but that when wanted/needed I can chuck a truck load of bass through and get good results. I've read that these are fantastic for the price, can you confirm, especially with the pukka set up?
Thanks in advance

Jun 7, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #16,703 of 37,599
iPod Touch (5th Gen) >> Aune B1 >> HiFiMan HE-560

How's the Aune with the 560? 

Just to specify, I don't mean if it has enough juice to run them, I mean what does it sound like - does it bring out their potential? (Sounds poor with mu Cayin c5 and I would really like them to sound nice with a sub 100.000 portable amp solution.)

Jun 7, 2015 at 11:13 PM Post #16,704 of 37,599
How's the Aune with the 560? 

Just to specify, I don't mean if it has enough juice to run them, I mean what does it sound like - does it bring out their potential? (Sounds poor with mu Cayin c5 and I would really like them to sound nice with a sub 100.000 portable amp solution.)

Sounds great to me. I also tried the Fiio e12 but found the pairing was too harsh/shrill for my taste. The B1 > HE-560 pairing on the other hand sounds smooth, controlled and detailed. My desktop amp/dac is the Marantz HD-DAC1 and I'd say the B1 holds its own in comparison, I'm hard pressed to find any significant sound quality difference to be honest. This is great news for me because I really enjoy the Marantz house sound which is smooth, full and musical.

All that said, I'm no pro but I'm really thrilled to have found this combo.

Jun 8, 2015 at 1:18 AM Post #16,705 of 37,599
How have the T51P's turned out? I'm looking for a good on ear that is detailed but that when wanted/needed I can chuck a truck load of bass through and get good results. I've read that these are fantastic for the price, can you confirm, especially with the pukka set up?
Thanks in advance

T51P's are great, definitely better than I expected. They have big sound from such a small driver, kinda like IE800's. They sound equally good from iPhone 5S (have to be around 60% volume).
These definitely fit the description you're looking for. I picked these up for a smidge under $150 here, couldn't be happier.

Jun 9, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #16,708 of 37,599
  Perfect for use on the go instead of carrying a second chunky device. Low output impedance and BT 4.0 w. APT-X support means that audio quality is suprisingly good. A co-worker has ordered a similar-but-cheaper Sony device, really looking forward to comparing the two. 

Please update if you can.

In direct comparison, using FLAC files on my HTC M8, The Sony SBH20 actually holds up very well. It's a bassier than the Noble BTS and not as "clear" sounding, but at 1/6th the price, I'd say the SBH20 would be the smart choice for use on the go with mid-fi gear. Not sure if I would be able to tell the Noble from the Sony using something like my Philips cans. With the K10, however, there IS an audible difference. 

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back