Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Nov 21, 2014 at 3:26 AM Post #14,672 of 37,566
  What I'm using currently....

Shozy Alien / Rhapsodio RDB Mini.

Sounds good guys!

What in the name of 
deadhorse.gif
 is that?!?!?

Looks sweet tho... You, you courageous man for stealing things from Bruce Wayne!! LOL

Nov 21, 2014 at 3:42 AM Post #14,674 of 37,566
It sounds as good as it looks too, people putting it above X5 and DX90 (all logged in the Alien thread) I've heard both those DAPS on extended audition and agree. It eats my DX50 headphone out up pretty much. In person it's cool as all hell and great to hold. It's main focus is low impedance IEM.

Nov 21, 2014 at 4:13 AM Post #14,675 of 37,566
It sounds as good as it looks too, people putting it above X5 and DX90 (all logged in the Alien thread) I've heard both those DAPS on extended audition and agree. It eats my DX50 headphone out up pretty much. In person it's cool as all hell and great to hold. It's main focus is low impedance IEM.

How about with the Kogan? If this means your Kogan isn't getting any love anymore, you can sell it to me. =]

Nov 21, 2014 at 4:29 AM Post #14,676 of 37,566
How about with the Kogan? If this means your Kogan isn't getting any love anymore, you can sell it to me. =]

Naw, Kogan has sold out completely in Australia, there's no stock left, you've all drunk the well dry!

Alien is a little more sophisticated sound wise technically, but Kogan would still show for punch up anytime. :wink:

Nov 21, 2014 at 6:56 AM Post #14,679 of 37,566
Well my SR60's arrived this morning, And my new little NX1.

The cable on the SR60's is desperate to be repaired or replaced, Its a good job these are going in custom cups and having a re cable soon then.

Oh how Ive missed the Grado sound!!!

And for a £23 amplifier the Topping TP NX-1 punches well above its weight, Giving my Graham Slee Voyager a good run for its money.
I love the tiny footprint it uses up, Much friendlier on my pocket. Its got me thinking about one of the smaller RSA Amps for use out and about now....

iPod 5.5g Vid. Rockbox'd.
Topping TP NX-1. 
Silver Leopard LOD.
Grado SR60.

Also pictured with my Amperior's & HD400's. The NX-1 will drive the HD400's, JUST. lol They really need a beast of an amp 
as they're rated at 600Ohm. Ill be sorting that out next year.

You can also see the state of the Y-Splitter. How do some people allow their Grado's to get in such a bad way is beyond me!! :frowning2:
Well, I'll give them the TLC and home they need now :)

^ JUST enough room for those Viablue T6s's lol, ONLY JUST!!! ^

But they sound wonderful so thats the main thing. All set for some sexy new cups!!!

Nov 21, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #14,680 of 37,566
Naw, Kogan has sold out completely in Australia, there's no stock left, you've all drunk the well dry!

Alien is a little more sophisticated sound wise technically, but Kogan would still show for punch up anytime.
wink.gif

Yeah, i know it's sold out... Sell me yours!! Haha. Kidding. Good friend of mine got hold of one recently. Says it's amazing for the price point. Better than dx50.

Nov 21, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #14,682 of 37,566

Users who are viewing this thread

Back