Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jun 20, 2014 at 7:31 AM Post #12,616 of 37,571
Thanks mate.
Yes they really are how you describe them.
Funnily enough I'm thinking of having the same done but with a female hirose termination.
Mainly due to everything I currently own being that type of connection.

Would be an excellent Choice....I would suggest that for cables though you stick with copper based ones.....I would suggest that a silver based cable like the Silver Poison would have a tendency to make them over bright.

If you opted for the hirose connector at the amp end then that would of course be usable with you iBasso amps.....if you have a Hirose to SE adpater then that would mean you could use them with the Graham Slee amp you have as well. At the Headphone end I would opt for the Mini XLR Males (which I believe are the same as the Audeze headphones)...this keeps your options open for cable rolling....although you may struggle to get a second hand cable with the Hirose at the amp end. 

FAW did an amazing job on mine few pics below :

Also just as an aside and not sure if you would be interested but I have a Silver Poison Hirose to RSA interconnect for sale if you're interested :)

Jun 20, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #12,619 of 37,571
Jun 20, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #12,621 of 37,571
Would be an excellent Choice....I would suggest that for cables though you stick with copper based ones.....I would suggest that a silver based cable like the Silver Poison would have a tendency to make them over bright.

If you opted for the hirose connector at the amp end then that would of course be usable with you iBasso amps.....if you have a Hirose to SE adpater then that would mean you could use them with the Graham Slee amp you have as well. At the Headphone end I would opt for the Mini XLR Males (which I believe are the same as the Audeze headphones)...this keeps your options open for cable rolling....although you may struggle to get a second hand cable with the Hirose at the amp end. 

FAW did an amazing job on mine few pics below :

Also just as an aside and not sure if you would be interested but I have a Silver Poison Hirose to RSA interconnect for sale if you're interested :)

I'm very interested but unfortunately I still owe Frank some money and have another cable to go still.
Pm me if you think there's something we can work out as I do plan to get an Intruder at some point.
I totally agree with the silver cable making the T70s too bright, they're bright enough on the stock cable lol.

Jun 20, 2014 at 3:06 PM Post #12,622 of 37,571

The DX90 sounds awesome with the Dita Answer. When I'm walking around with just the DX90 pocketed, I can't believe the level of sound for a 'pocketable' setup. It's a very good pairing. Much more body and realism (without sacrificing any detail) compared to my now gone Truth/ZX1 rig. And it's more economical with both pieces.... With the RX mk3 in the mix, the soundstage gets noticeably more open, and things get even more large scale sounding. It was a treat listening during the work day at my desk today.

No hiss issues with the MK3?

Jun 20, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #12,626 of 37,571
DITA truth Gold Edition With TRRS balance For AK 240 First Prototype In The World
I am so Happy as First person to try This Prototype , SQ has more balance and better presentation than SE mini plug
Need more Burn In at least 500 Hours
IMO

Jun 21, 2014 at 3:08 AM Post #12,628 of 37,571
Im liking the NAD very much. It has good strong bass and yet not overwhelming at the same time. I like everything about the NADs except for the comfort. I cant wear them very long but still its a very small tradeoff as i love the SQ.

yeah...love the NAD too..i think its pretty awesome for the price, imho puts lots of expensive headphones to shame..

so, moral is price doesnt mean quality...

Jun 21, 2014 at 6:26 AM Post #12,630 of 37,571
Yeah you are absolutely right that the NAD is indeed very good. I wasn't expecting much before I tested it and I was pleasantly surprised when I tested it and got it straight away
smily_headphones1.gif

and its easy to drive too...sounds great even thru ure run of the mill cellphone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back