Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jun 15, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #12,587 of 37,593

New Plussound SPC for the filter-modded SM64. Call me crazy but this cable seems to sound better than the stock. More clarity up top!

Hey! why does that cable look familiar? 
wink_face.gif

Jun 16, 2014 at 3:37 AM Post #12,588 of 37,593

New Plussound SPC for the filter-modded SM64. Call me crazy but this cable seems to sound better than the stock. More clarity up top!

What is this mod of the sm64 ? Tell me more :) I'm so circumspect with those kind of filter mod.

Jun 16, 2014 at 7:21 AM Post #12,589 of 37,593
What is this mod of the sm64 ? Tell me more :) I'm so circumspect with those kind of filter mod.

Well for more details head over to the SM64 impressions thread, but basically I removed the filters with an etymotic removal tool and seriously improved the sound.

Jun 16, 2014 at 8:33 AM Post #12,591 of 37,593
JH Roxanne best set Up :
Source : AK 240
Dac / Amp : Chord Hugo
Cable : Sys Concept optical cable 1300 strands can pllay Hi Res music Up
To 24 bit / 192 kHz
Eartips : best eartips for JH Roxanne Sony Hybrid eartips
Bass position : between 9 = 0,00 dB and 10 is My favorite position

Note :
JH Roxanne is source revealing , if Your source does not Synergy
SQ Good only , if you Find The Synergy Woow pair With JH Roxanne
SQ excellent .
To much bass make jh Roxanne sound so Warm
At The bass position 9 or Max 10 O clock jh Roxanne sound excellent

IMO

Jun 17, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #12,596 of 37,593
Hitting on some great sound.... Kind of pleased to be back in the dynamic driver camp.

Jun 17, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #12,598 of 37,593
  Nice!  It looks very similar to mine, except I'm using the Pure ii with my DX90 and Ditas.. How do you like the DX90 with the Ditas?

The DX90 sounds awesome with the Dita Answer. When I'm walking around with just the DX90 pocketed, I can't believe the level of sound for a 'pocketable' setup. It's a very good pairing. Much more body and realism (without sacrificing any detail) compared to my now gone Truth/ZX1 rig. And it's more economical with both pieces.... With the RX mk3 in the mix, the soundstage gets noticeably more open, and things get even more large scale sounding. It was a treat listening during the work day at my desk today.

Jun 17, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #12,600 of 37,593

The DX90 sounds awesome with the Dita Answer. When I'm walking around with just the DX90 pocketed, I can't believe the level of sound for a 'pocketable' setup. It's a very good pairing. Much more body and realism (without sacrificing any detail) compared to my now gone Truth/ZX1 rig. And it's more economical with both pieces.... With the RX mk3 in the mix, the soundstage gets noticeably more open, and things get even more large scale sounding. It was a treat listening during the work day at my desk today.

Awesome
smily_headphones1.gif
.  I'm glad you are loving your new setup.  Do you think the Truth would have paired better with the DX90? Or do you think the Answer is just more taste?  I agree with adding the amp, once I add the Pure ii it adds to transparency and soundstage... I just got my Comply TX-400's in today and I find they seem to add fullness to the sound, I also find I get a better seal with them.  The Ditas with my DX90/Pure ii is actually my favourite setup out of all my IEMs
dt880smile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back