Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
May 29, 2014 at 2:36 AM Post #12,257 of 37,597
Yep it "Hand Shakes" just fine mate as does the iphone 5.

I'm running a coax out to coax in on the DB2. ( Dac ) Then a balanced line from Dac to amp.

Here's what I know to work with the original Solo.......

iPod 7th gen
IPhone 3GS
Iphone 4
IPhone 4s
iPod nano 4/5 gen (?)
iPad 4 and iPad mini.

Using the original apple lightning cable but getting something a bit better looking soon.

As for the DB2.......

Take a coax from the Solo to the DB2 then a balance connector from your DB2 to your balanced amp of choice.
When I tried both the solo and the boomslang in a single ended face off through my main hifi, it was very close with variations in sound but none better than the other.

I haven't heard the DX50 yet but I imagine a balanced signal path from end to end can only be a good thing!!!

IIRC Rudi has all three ( iBasso dx50 , boomslang db2 and the pelican pb2... )
Maybe our friend Rudi could chime in on this also?

Anyway hope this all helps mate!

That's interesting and I must say I was debating whether to get another SOLO to pair with my Duet Amp. In the end I have decided to go for the DB2 mainly because I can take the signal from my DX50 via coax out to coax in on the DB2 (therefore utilising the Dual DACS of the DB2). I plan on connecting this with an hirose to RSA balanced connector to the Duet and then using my balanced HD600 headphones.

The other benefit of the DB2 is that I can use it with my PC as well as with the iPad and iPhone via the lightning to CCK cable.

May 29, 2014 at 3:13 AM Post #12,260 of 37,597
A lot of people use velcro, but if you don't want to use an adhesive, I have found another solution that works for me. This isn't a phone, but the same principle should work. If you get a hard case for your phone, you can use hair ties between the phone and the case and then wrap those around the amp. Here are photos of an iPod Nano in a thin hard case attached to a Pico Slim

May 29, 2014 at 3:21 AM Post #12,261 of 37,597
A lot of people use velcro, but if you don't want to use an adhesive, I have found another solution that works for me. This isn't a phone, but the same principle should work. If you get a hard case for your phone, you can use hair ties between the phone and the case and then wrap those around the amp. Here are photos of an iPod Nano in a thin hard case attached to a Pico Slim

Neat ...i think it is real good.

May 29, 2014 at 8:41 AM Post #12,262 of 37,597
Ideas on how to strap portable amp to a smartphone without a band covering the screen ?

What is the best way to do it ?

Help please...:popcorn:

This

41TSX8U1DeL._SP160,160,0,T_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/3M-Reclosable-Fastener-TB4575-Profile/dp/B007OXK330/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401366969&sr=8-1&keywords=low+profile+velcro

May 29, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #12,263 of 37,597
This

41TSX8U1DeL._SP160,160,0,T_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/3M-Reclosable-Fastener-TB4575-Profile/dp/B007OXK330/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401366969&sr=8-1&keywords=low+profile+velcro

Wow ..thanks ..that would be good too ..thanks a lot man. Never thought about this ...mmm...this will be good for other things as well.

Woo ..hooo.

May 29, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #12,264 of 37,597
No problem. I use it for my iMod and Fiio E17 and it works perfect. Comes in White and black. I recommend the black as I got the white and it shows a lot of dirt and any strings/thread/ stuff that gets caught in the velcro.

May 29, 2014 at 7:13 PM Post #12,268 of 37,597
My new toy.  Not bad at all for $50. Thought it would be bigger but, pleasantly surprised it's quite small.  Really digging how the media controls pop up when you press one of volume buttons.  A little low volume with full size cans but, with iems sounds great.  Now if someone could just product a  android phone with physical media controls,great sound quality, great camera, small form factor, and an unbreakable screen I would be a super happy man.   

Users who are viewing this thread

Back