Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Mar 8, 2014 at 2:41 AM Post #10,501 of 37,566
Interesting. There's a pair of UE 6000's for sale here in Minnesota on Craigslist. I was interested, but they were wrapped in plastic and had to wonder if they were legit.

How do you like them overall? Did you replace the cord by chance?

Mar 8, 2014 at 2:59 AM Post #10,502 of 37,566
Interesting. There's a pair of UE 6000's for sale here in Minnesota on Craigslist. I was interested, but they were wrapped in plastic and had to wonder if they were legit.

How do you like them overall? Did you replace the cord by chance?

hell yes I did and I really love the way they sound. There really is no better sounding headphone for 90 us dollars new on amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is_s_ss_i_0_3?k=ue6000&sprefix=ue6

Mar 8, 2014 at 3:13 AM Post #10,503 of 37,566

Cool, are you using the Camera Connection Kit to play hi res files?

Exactly, I am using the Lightening to USB Camera Connection Adapter (that is the name on the Apple Store / Website)

Btw, I am trying the ONKYO HF PLAYER on ios, it mentioned it can stream higher resolution music to USB DAC through Camera Connection Adapter (e.g. 96kHz) ...

Onkyo on iTunes claimed : 

96 kHz and 192 kHz audio files can be output to a compatible USB digital audio processing device using a Camera Connection Kit for iPad

I can also connect it to my M2TECH HIFACE DAC D/A converter, but seems the "POWER" is not enough to drive More Demanding Headphone, but using an AMP would be fine.

my Audioquest Dragonfly & Nova Tiny-M, cannot be used (said draw too much charge)

I have:

Apogee ONE / Fostex HP-P1/ ALO International.

right now, I feel the ALO International is the most Powerful, Dynamic and Live on music.
However, It is not suitable for BASS headphone coz the BASS is too strong and powerful for me...(such as my Sol Republic Master Track XC)
The B&O Beoplay H6 and other more Neutral headphone like my Shure SRH 1840 sound fantastic... (even on my High Impedance IEM SM64)

Mar 8, 2014 at 3:25 AM Post #10,504 of 37,566

This is my current end game set up, I honestly spend alot of time in between school and my house I can't invest in a full size, but I probably don't want to since I have had a few fullsize but wasn't  really satisfied. I love the sound of my 535's, if anything I might just get a custom blue or red cable haven't decided if I want all red or spidey colors. But they sound absolutely blissful and the mids are amazing, bass is good not great but the mids are worth it. The isolation is pretty amazing yesterday, I got bit by a dog and didn't hear it until after it was tugging my pants, that's how good the isolation is.

got the same rig. how's the SQ of your tips?

I actually changed them right now, i got some comply tips and they isolate even better though the mids sound slightly recessed than before. Idk I might change them back.

Mar 8, 2014 at 7:36 AM Post #10,506 of 37,566

I did. I went out to get the best cable I can find (22 gauge, OFC silverplated cable and low profile righ-angled plugs) and made my own custom LOD fit for my stack. I only spent 1/5 the cost Alo was asking and I still have plenty of spare wire.

Awesome connector!  You have to start making these for Head-Fier's!  I don't have the tools or the skill. Cable makers really hate making the super short cables.

Mar 8, 2014 at 8:40 AM Post #10,507 of 37,566

Awesome connector!  You have to start making these for Head-Fier's!  I don't have the tools or the skill. Cable makers really hate making the super short cables.

Thanks, but it's really a pain making connectors as short with manual tools. Another head-fier Sorensiim post a detailed instructions how to make one. Just search for the exact post here.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/687288/so-im-looking-for-that-perfect-amp.

I suppose cable manufacturers have the best equipment to manufacture stuff like this. But the prices they are charging sometimes are appalling. I saw one connector cable that is more expensive than my DAP. Even if I have the money, it feels foolish to pay that much for an LOD cable.

I had to buy all the tools and materials I needed. But the sum of all that is still substantially less that just buying the cable outright. Next time I need another one for a different length. I just need to whip one up and don't have to spend a cent.

I was lazy to make one myself but could not find a short enough cable the fits perfectly with my stack. So I had to take matters with my own hands :)

When you have time it's worth the effort imo.

Mar 8, 2014 at 9:58 AM Post #10,508 of 37,566
Today I have mini meet with 3 friends and we found Chord best transport as follow :

Source : iPhone 5 s
Dac : Venture Craft Go Dap DD 1 LE with op amp Muse 02
Dac / Amp : chord Hugo
Headphone : Abyss 1266
Fostex TH 900
Iem : Earsonic SM 64 v1 , 112 ohm
Cable : we use COAXIAL from Kimber

The function :
iPhone 5s + dac venture craft go dap DD 1 LE muse 02 = as full transport
We use Coaxial cable connect to HUGO

Sound quality :
This IDevice set up pair with dac like :
Go Dap DD 1 LE muse 02 or. Class solo original or Class Solo -dB
Use coaxial cable Connect to Hugo

The result :
so far the best sound quality what we can have from IDevice .
High : more crispy and more detail more body and volume
We can hear more cymbals compare direct Iphone 5s with lightning to USB
Mid : better detail and more pronounce that we hear more clear and clean mid than before
Bass : better bass impact and full body bass
Separation : the best separation what we can have , if we Pkus dac for IDevjce
Soundstage : more 3 D presentation

The other source that sound very good and natural is:

Source Color fly C4
Dac / Amp : Chord Hugo
Headphone : Abyss 1266

Mar 8, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #10,512 of 37,566
Hey rudi I would bet that you can setup a pretty amazing home stereo system, you have listened to so many high end headphone rigs I bet you would be a good judge for the big time

Thank you mpawluk91 for your compliment :beerchug:

Audio is my number one hobby number two is head Fi
Life without these two , like see without salt , is no taste hahaha

Mar 8, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #10,514 of 37,566

Mar 8, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #10,515 of 37,566
Thank you mpawluk91 for your compliment
beerchug.gif

Audio is my number one hobby number two is head Fi
Life without these two , like see without salt , is no taste hahaha

Audio is love, 
audio is LIFE.

Users who are viewing this thread