Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Feb 13, 2014 at 5:48 AM Post #10,083 of 37,583
  Nice! Do you prefer them over your RDB v1? I found the RDBs pretty awesome.

Hmm, they're pretty close fighters, very different though in signature. The RDB Mini is much leaner/thinner richer/brighter signature that will step out of line if you mistreat it though fed correctly with the right genre (acoustic in particular) really excels. The 1Plus2 is a touch more refined, has better dynamic driver and would be more versatile for different music genres, especially for higher volume listening where it tends to have a sweet spot. I like them about the same to be honest. I think that's the beauty of this is they're so close on overall score I don't lean for one over the other. So they can go neck and neck in many areas with rather different flavours. 

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:09 AM Post #10,085 of 37,583
  Ah, nice! Shame the old 1plus2 isn't available anymore and Rhapsodio increased the price of their RDB v1. 

Although RDB Mini is a fabulous sounding hybrid, really does have a crap load of clarity and this excellent timbre that blends in with the bright tonality pushing through which can make your ears melt with happiness (really does sound impressive) I still don't think it's a complete package, there's some loose ends that need patching and Rhapsodio need to work on that. Very highly strung hybrid that could use some fine tuning IMO and probably not for the everyday consumer. That's where the original 1Plus2 is better, it feels more complete as a sales product.

Anyway, back to the photos...before we get in trouble. 

ASG-2 / Colorfly C3.

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:19 AM Post #10,086 of 37,583

Although the RDB Mini is a fabulous sounding hybrid, it really does have a crap load of clarity and this excellent timbre that blends in with the  bright tonality pushing through which can make your ears melt with happiness (it really does sound impressive) I still don't think it's a complete package, it has some loose ends that need patching and Rhapsodio need to work on that. it's a very highly strung hybrid that could use some fine tuning IMO and probably not for the everyday consumer. That's where the original 1Plus2 is better, it feels a lot more complete as a sales product.

Anyway, back to the photos...before we get in trouble. 

ASG-2 / Colorfly C3.

I found the RDB a little too bright in the treble. 

Feb 13, 2014 at 7:36 AM Post #10,087 of 37,583

Feb 13, 2014 at 8:18 AM Post #10,088 of 37,583

As it takes me around one hour for commuting and I worked in a very isolated and super quiet laboratory on high focus micro manipulation tasks,
also I live in suburb without much entertainment or interaction with people... (Otaku)
I listen to music for 3-4 hours per day.

Several earphones and headphones are given by my friends who work in the Audio Products Industry...
Thanks for my dear friend who plays Bass Guitar that poisoned me 8 years ago with UE 600vi then recommended me to buy Westone UM3X...then....keep collecting Head-Fi stuff...

Feb 13, 2014 at 9:27 AM Post #10,089 of 37,583

As it takes me around one hour for commuting and I worked in a very isolated and super quiet laboratory on high focus micro manipulation tasks,
also I live in suburb without much entertainment or interaction with people... (Otaku)

Several earphones and headphones are given by my friends who work in the Audio Products Industry...
Thanks for my dear friend who plays Bass Guitar that poisoned me 8 years ago with UE 600vi then recommended me to buy Westone UM3X...then....keep collecting Head-Fi stuff...

Nice man! I suggest everyone posts a picture of their entire collection! 
beerchug.gif
 Love watching pictures like this!

Feb 13, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #10,092 of 37,583

That IEM collection is definitely impressive!

Headphones wise, nahh~ we've seen even better on HeadFi. An Abyss will beat them all stacked up (price-wise) single handedly, let alone the same guy probably has another pair or two of those Ed8...

Just teasing you, I really lust for that IEM collection. I have the TF10 and UE900 just recently, but have been long lusting after the JVC FX700! Also interested in how do Ultrasone IQ sound like, if you don't mind sharing very simple opinions with us

Feb 13, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #10,093 of 37,583

VERY nice. 

Feb 14, 2014 at 4:28 AM Post #10,094 of 37,583

Wow, very impressive collection there. 

Feb 14, 2014 at 6:39 AM Post #10,095 of 37,583

That IEM collection is definitely impressive!

Headphones wise, nahh~ we've seen even better on HeadFi. An Abyss will beat them all stacked up (price-wise) single handedly, let alone the same guy probably has another pair or two of those Ed8...

Just teasing you, I really lust for that IEM collection. I have the TF10 and UE900 just recently, but have been long lusting after the JVC FX700! Also interested in how do Ultrasone IQ sound like, if you don't mind sharing very simple opinions with us

In fact, I was even tempted to sell all (at least most of them) to get a so-called BE-ALL-END-ALL Headphone,
But,
1. I don't have True Hi-Fi player to fully experience the potential of Those TOP Headphone
The best is just Fostex HP-P1 + Corda Stepdance 

2. I love Audio Quality but I also love "Sound Signature" the most... like Every Girls got their own Charming Characters :p

Analogy --> I would rather having 20 pretty and special lovers than Only one Super Beauty ........(Bored)

Btw, for the Ultrasone IQ, you can get review from anywhere,
To me I got the Earsonics SM64 v.2 before IQ,
When I audited IQ and SM64, I feel the Bass is strong (with quality), and a bit bright.

So I go for SM64, it is kind of very neutral and of high resolution, as a reference IEM to me ( my Shure SRH1940 is my headphone reference).
Then.... I want sth "Interesting", go audit the IQ again...then CHA CHING... I bought it..
Listening to "christy baron happy together" & "cassandra wilson fragile" 
Music are more Alive, Exciting.... Can't believe it plays "Mirwais Disco Science" & "Daft Punk Tron music" So well. 
Great for Electronic music. It just enhances those type of music...
Very V shape but much better than Atomic Floyd...(it is good, but for me)

SM64 and UE900 can't provide such excitement. <-- IMHO...[They are wonderful for other type of music]

[ The only flaw of IQ is the shape of housing.... I hate to wear it and keep falling...]
Exciting level  IQ >> UE 900 > TF10 PRO >> SM64

Besides, I just got my UE 9000, it is Amazing... a hidden gem :D

My Recent Portable Rig for Commuting ...

UE 9000 + iPod Touch 5G (64G) with Golden Ear / Capriccio as music player apps

Forgot to mention.. JVC FX700 is real Special... Very Special and "Tasty" Timbre...
Especially great for Jazz (with percussion) that Bass is for Elegant and Classic Music... Not for Pop.
Vocal is great well..

I use FX700 for Jazz, Audiophile Records.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back