Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jan 4, 2014 at 4:18 AM Post #9,289 of 37,565
So, the card works! Excellent news. Where is it from? Nice work by the way

Thanks. My card reader only reads it as 137GB. But once I put it in the ipod for a restore and then fire it in disk mode, voila!

Here is the card:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shopping-Wellcore-high-quality-CF-card-128MB-256GB-micro-sd-card-MLC-compact-flash-1100x/1474667224.html

Jan 4, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #9,290 of 37,565
@DMinor

You never disappoint. Been a fan of your DMods since I found Head-Fi

Jan 4, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #9,295 of 37,565

Thanks. My card reader only reads it as 137GB. But once I put it in the ipod for a restore and then fire it in disk mode, voila!

Here is the card:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shopping-Wellcore-high-quality-CF-card-128MB-256GB-micro-sd-card-MLC-compact-flash-1100x/1474667224.html

Before putting too much trust into that card, you might want to transfer the full 256gb to it and then copy them back to your computer, to see if it's all really there. There are A LOT of fakes out there!

Jan 4, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #9,296 of 37,565
This Evenings Rig of choice...

Sony S1.
Tunein Radio App playing Linn Radio. ( 320kbps stream )
Sennheiser Momentum.

Im only just starting to use the Momentums as they arrived yesterday in the post.
They're not bad, Not Pin Point accurate like the HD25's or Amperiors, But still a great set of portable on-ears.
I would say they're a lot more bass emphasised and lacking the higher up clarity of the 25's/Amps.
They don't seal as well as the others and the image is narrower.
However, If Im after a warmer 'cosier' sound then these are perfect. They're more forgiving with poorer sources, & a more "relaxed" pair of headphones.
They certainly blow the Denon AH-D320's out of the water, And they utterly destroy beats, But then you would expect it with their price tag.
Saying that, My V-Moda V80 True blood's sound better than the Momentums in the sense that although they share the same kind of bass extension
with the V80's having the edge, The V-Moda's have a more articulate and crisp high end. Making them in my mind a very slightly better choice. 
I know they will benefit from a silver cable from Frank so will have one made up soon. That might brighten the sound up a bit then.

Jan 4, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #9,297 of 37,565

tonights listening rig ibasso dx50>ibasso d10 cobra>aurisonic asg-2

Jan 4, 2014 at 3:50 PM Post #9,298 of 37,565
@DMinor

You never disappoint. Been a fan of your DMods since I found Head-Fi

Thanks my friend for the compliment. I am just trying to have some fun and learn something about audio. It's been truly rewarding experience.

Before putting too much trust into that card, you might want to transfer the full 256gb to it and then copy them back to your computer, to see if it's all really there. There are A LOT of fakes out there!

I will likely fill the whole card by the end of the day. So far I filled more than half the capacity and played without issues. In fact, the ipod is more responsive than any other cards I have used so far. But I don't think I will copy them back to my PC for that test. No patience for that. :)

Most likely most of the music copied to the card will stay there for a long long time if not permanently.

I have found out the 137GB reading was due to the old card reader. There are only a couple of new CF readers out there which can read the 256GB's. I have pretty much life-time warranty for this card since I bought it thru a friend's friend who works for the card maker. They even offered me a full refund to return the card if it is not compatible with my ipod.

Man I love that drag and drop a big chunk of files when it comes to loading the music to dap. :)

Jan 4, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #9,299 of 37,565
First 'audiophile' rig. Will be adding the original CLAS to it next week once it arrives :)

Jan 4, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #9,300 of 37,565

tonights listening rig ibasso dx50>ibasso d10 cobra>aurisonic asg-2

How are the ASG-2? I have been put off Aurisonic after trying the ASG-1's... I am however interested in the possibilities of hybrid IEM's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back