Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Nov 28, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #14,761 of 37,439
  What's that player? Looks like a big Sansa.

Big Sansa lol 
bigsmile_face.gif

That is hd20ga7, normally people call their other recorder A7 tho
s_con06_1.jpg

used to use the a7 (recorder) but now replaced by E8 (kenwood as well)

Nov 28, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #14,762 of 37,439
  DIY CIEMs? Tell me more please good sir. Are they entirely DIY? 

Yes they are I have a lot of post in the DIY in ear monitor thread. I took my own impressions of my ear and made negative molds, then used UV acrylic for the shells. I purchased the balanced armatures from Knowles, most CIEM companies use there drivers. Do a search for diy ciem its a great forum.

Nov 28, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #14,763 of 37,439

Yes they are I have a lot of post in the DIY in ear monitor thread. I took my own impressions of my ear and made negative molds, then used UV acrylic for the shells. I purchased the balanced armatures from Knowles, most CIEM companies use there drivers. Do a search for diy ciem its a great forum.

I'll have to look into it. What was the cost for the drivers and the overall finished product in comparison to other CIEM companies?

Nov 28, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #14,766 of 37,439
  I'll have to look into it. What was the cost for the drivers and the overall finished product in comparison to other CIEM companies?

It depends on what drivers you want and the start up cost. The drivers cost me $45 for 2 drivers per ear. The drivers need high pass and low pass filters(capacitors and resistors). I guess a rough estimate for a duel driver setup cost me $140. They sound really good since you can adjust them to your liking using different value resistors and capacitors for how much bass or treble you want.

Nov 28, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #14,767 of 37,439

It depends on what drivers you want and the start up cost. The drivers cost me $45 for 2 drivers per ear. The drivers need high pass and low pass filters(capacitors and resistors). I guess a rough estimate for a duel driver setup cost me $140. They sound really good since you can adjust them to your liking using different value resistors and capacitors for how much bass or treble you want.

That sound like a really appealing option for CIEMs.. Too bad I have clumsy canned ham hands and can't DIY myself a pair though. Lol. Awesome work though man, and thanks for the info!

Nov 28, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #14,768 of 37,439
Here is my daughters DIY CIEM's for her portable rig that I made. She wanted them to look like Ariana Grande's. These are single driver using Knowles ED at full range. Cost of the driver was $24 per ear same driver as the Etymotic earbuds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back