Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jun 18, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #12,601 of 37,584
I would like to Share This little Wooden amp Project Palios IONA
Okt the box impression :
Very Good detail , very Clear and clean mid , very Good bass impact from This little amp , very Gold separation and Wide soundstage With very Good Depth IMO
After Burn In i Will update later on
I would like to say Thank you to Charles Wong and Sid Maholta to bring IONA to Jakarta . I really Happy With The Speed and clarity This IONA amp

Jun 18, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #12,602 of 37,584
I would like to Share This little Wooden amp Project Palios IONA
Okt the box impression :
Very Good detail , very Clear and clean mid , very Good bass impact from This little amp , very Gold separation and Wide soundstage With very Good Depth IMO
After Burn In i Will update later on
I would like to say Thank you to Charles Wong and Sid Maholta to bring IONA to Jakarta . I really Happy With The Speed and clarity This IONA amp

nice
i like the wood case
looks well made

Jun 18, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #12,603 of 37,584
  Awesome
smily_headphones1.gif
.  I'm glad you are loving your new setup.  Do you think the Truth would have paired better with the DX90? Or do you think the Answer is just more taste?  I agree with adding the amp, once I add the Pure ii it adds to transparency and soundstage... I just got my Comply TX-400's in today and I find they seem to add fullness to the sound, I also find I get a better seal with them.  The Ditas with my DX90/Pure ii is actually my favourite setup out of all my IEMs
dt880smile.png

Actually I think the Answer is probably better with the DX90... as the DX90 is quite detailed and etched sounding, so if paired with the overly biting treble of the Truth it probably wouldn't make for a great match. The Answer has more body and weight in the mids and vocals, so it does great with the DX90. I bet the Pure II will be awesome with it too, I'd love to hear that amp.

Jun 18, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #12,604 of 37,584
nice
i like the wood case
looks well made
Rudi, don't feed it in with to much juice. It'll get distortion. Something like the AKs are fine but not the HM-901.

Jun 18, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #12,605 of 37,584
Rudi, don't feed it in with to much juice. It'll get distortion. Something like the AKs are fine but not the HM-901.

Hi Sean

Thank you For Your suggestion
Out the box SQ is very Good from IONA , pair very Good With My Roxanne universal
I Hope After burning remain the same character open and detail with very Good bass impact , i Dont like dark sounding Amps :D

Jun 18, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #12,606 of 37,584
Hi Sean

Thank you For Your suggestion
Out the box SQ is very Good from IONA , pair very Good With My Roxanne universal
I Hope After burning remain the same character open and detail with very Good bass impact , i Dont like dark sounding Amps
biggrin.gif

I got an early version of the Iona and wrote a review for it here :-

http://www.head-fi.org/products/project-palaios-iona/reviews/10181

It's not a bad amp. But I'm probably too used to higher ended amps. I needed to reboot my brain to review this one. I can see how it'll have a decent pairing with the Roxannes though. To me (and I know many disagree with me about this but), I do find the Roxannes a little dark so I can imagine this amp to me helps balance that out although I've not tried that combination myself.

Jun 18, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #12,607 of 37,584
I got an early version of the Iona and wrote a review for it here :-

http://www.head-fi.org/products/project-palaios-iona/reviews/10181

It's not a bad amp. But I'm probably too used to higher ended amps. I needed to reboot my brain to review this one. I can see how it'll have a decent pairing with the Roxannes though. To me (and I know many disagree with me about this but), I do find the Roxannes a little dark so I can imagine this amp to me helps balance that out although I've not tried that combination myself.

Please try Your Roxanne With IONA , IONA make Your Roxanne more Shining
My Roxanne look like a bit different , out The box was so bright After Burn In about 50 Hours My Roxanne The High
And now sounding to dark.
Roxanne is source revealing , Of you have very Good source than Roxane Shine and open up their High
IMO

Jun 18, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #12,608 of 37,584
Please try Your Roxanne With IONA , IONA make Your Roxanne more Shining
My Roxanne look like a bit different , out The box was so bright After Burn In about 50 Hours My Roxanne The High
And now sounding to dark.
Roxanne is source revealing , Of you have very Good source than Roxane Shine and open up their High
IMO

I don't have the Roxanne, and I'm giving the Iona to Shigzeo :p.

Jun 20, 2014 at 3:16 AM Post #12,611 of 37,584
Jun 20, 2014 at 3:56 AM Post #12,612 of 37,584

Love my new portable rig, it just fit fine to my pocket, and it's sound fantasticly good :)

Nice and simple.......I'm in the process of getting rid of my amp and DAC as I'm sick of carting them around.....decided to go back to a simple DAP and IEM solution, when I can decided on what DAP to try next :)

Jun 20, 2014 at 4:00 AM Post #12,613 of 37,584
Just trying out my birthday present - Beyerdynamic T70p's with the ipad.
So far very impressed.

I used to own the T70p and used them with both my iPad4 and iPhone5 with no amp or DAC. I found them to be extremely neutral with a spacious sound and also as comfortable as hell for extended listening periods. You don't see that many of them around on here, which is a shame as I personally think they are extremely underrated.

I got mine rewired by Matthew at Forza AudioWorks who added double entry female Mini XLR sockets and I then used a FAW cable with them, I found this made a distinct improvement to them and for what he charged was a bargain!!! Also gave me the benefit of being able to swap the cables between single ended and balanced :)

Jun 20, 2014 at 6:25 AM Post #12,615 of 37,584
I used to own the T70p and used them with both my iPad4 and iPhone5 with no amp or DAC. I found them to be extremely neutral with a spacious sound and also as comfortable as hell for extended listening periods. You don't see that many of them around on here, which is a shame as I personally think they are extremely underrated.

I got mine rewired by Matthew at Forza AudioWorks who added double entry female Mini XLR sockets and I then used a FAW cable with them, I found this made a distinct improvement to them and for what he charged was a bargain!!! Also gave me the benefit of being able to swap the cables between single ended and balanced :)

Thanks mate.
Yes they really are how you describe them.
Funnily enough I'm thinking of having the same done but with a female hirose termination.
Mainly due to everything I currently own being that type of connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back