Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Dec 2, 2012 at 2:27 PM Post #646 of 37,566
Quote:
Cheers - this site/forum has really opened up my ears to a whole new world..... desperately trying not to get upgradeitis tho
biggrin.gif

I've been scolder recently on another thread about making definitive statements. Such as ":I guarantee you will ______".  Here I go again:

I guarantee you will catch upgradeitis if you lurk and read in and around Head-Fi.

And we all love having it. There's nothing quite like the moments when you've just got that new piece, unwrapping  and getting it set up. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

L3000.gif

beerchug.gif

Dec 2, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #647 of 37,566
Quote:
Looks very good Sara
How is the sound quality comparison between go dap x and go dap DD?
Before I bought go dap , I was a bit confuse to decide between go dap x or go dap DD?
At the end I decided for go dap X ,the reason go dap X has more function can be us as USB dac + idevice + Samsung android Note 2.
The plus point from go dap DD is more digital out : coax , optical

Your very kind Rudi..........it looks messy but sounds good. I only had time to listen for a few minutes. I'll post some impressions later on.

IMHO you made the right decision going with X as you and Anak point out for versatility. Plus you already have so many good choices with your great equipment you already have.

Dec 2, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #648 of 37,566
Just a slight change to my old rig. Switched the E11 with the E7, since it has pretty much the same SQ but a way nicer form factor to it in combination with the iPod.

So now it´s iPod Video 60GB Rockboxed > FiiO L9 LOD > FiiO E7 > Shure SE215

I run the exact same set up, with exception to the iPod being white.

So it´s White iPod Video 60GB Rockboxed > FiiO L9 LOD > FiiO E7 > Shure SE215

What's your next upgrade? :)

Dec 2, 2012 at 4:00 PM Post #650 of 37,566
Quote:
iPhone 5 > GO DAP DD > RSA Hornet > (the infamous) Sony MH1C

Quote:
You must be getting some serious stereo crosstalk with that setup. You're not supposed to plug a TRRS jack into a TRS socket (headphones with inline mic or remote into a socket that doesn't support it).

The MH1C's controls do not work in this configuration and frankly I have not tried it with the 11.32 or the Fostex.  One of the tunes that I listened to was from the Tommy album. I specifically remember hearing good separation both in the soundstage and hearing different instruments in each ear.
Does this address what you mean?

Dec 2, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #651 of 37,566
iPhone 5 > GO DAP DD > RSA Hornet > (the infamous) Sony MH1C

You must be getting some serious stereo crosstalk with that setup. You're not supposed to plug a TRRS jack into a TRS socket (headphones with inline mic or remote into a socket that doesn't support it).

Phones with a male trrs will in most cases work as plain headphones with absolutely no problem from sources with a female trs

Dec 2, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #653 of 37,566
Phones with a male trrs will in most cases work as plain headphones with absolutely no problem from sources with a female trs

Produce a stereo audio file with some content in only the left channel, nothing in the right channel. Play it back with a male TRRS / female TRS configuration and put only the right cup of your headphones on your right ear. You'll hear the signal that's in the left channel, when you should be hearing nothing.

Dec 2, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #654 of 37,566
I run the exact same set up, with exception to the iPod being white.
So it´s White iPod Video 60GB Rockboxed > FiiO L9 LOD > FiiO E7 > Shure SE215
What's your next upgrade? :)

It's a really nice setup imo. I am pretty satisfied with it and haven't thought about upgrading it too much as I am already spending too much for my home rig :L3000:

Dec 2, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #655 of 37,566
Quote:

Quote:
Produce a stereo audio file with some content in only the left channel, nothing in the right channel. Play it back with a male TRRS / female TRS configuration and put only the right cup of your headphones on your right ear. You'll hear the signal that's in the left channel, when you should be hearing nothing.

Whether you can use a male TRRS plug in a female TRS socket depends where the sleeve contact is on the socket. Some sockets have the sleeve contact positioned over R2 of the TRRS plug, some have it positioned over the S of the TRRS plug. Some bridge the R2 and S.

To be compatible with iPhone-type TRRS plugs (also used by Nokia and most Android phones), the contact has to be over R2. Some older Android phones have the R2 and S wiring reversed, and so their pack-in earphones will have R2 and S reversed as well.

I haven't found a TRS socket yet with an S contact that didn't line up with R2 on a TRRS plug, but I know they're out there. The easiest way to deal with it is to get a 3.5mm F->M extension cord; as long as the socket in the extension cord works, you can use that to plug into the problem device.

The T (left +) and R1 (right +)  contacts are exactly the same on both TRS and TRRS connectors. If the contacts on the socket don't line up with them, you have some entirely unrelated problem.

Dec 3, 2012 at 2:05 AM Post #656 of 37,566
Here's a couple pictures of my ladies....Rockboxed 5.5G iPod / Leckerton UHA-6S mkII / Heir Audio 4.Ai.

A change-up is in the works - Coming soon:  DIY iMod and the 4.Ai are being replaced by 4.A customs

Rockboxed Sansa Clip Zip / Leckerton UHA-6S mkII / Heir Audio 3.Ai:

Dec 3, 2012 at 11:31 AM Post #657 of 37,566
Quote:
Here's a couple pictures of my ladies....Rockboxed 5.5G iPod / Leckerton UHA-6S mkII / Heir Audio 4.Ai.

A change-up is in the works - Coming soon:  DIY iMod and the 4.Ai are being replaced by 4.A customs

*snip*

Great rigs!

Do you notice a difference using the clip's headphone out vs the ipods LOD

Dec 3, 2012 at 12:10 PM Post #658 of 37,566
Under test stage...but already sounds great

Dec 3, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #659 of 37,566
Quote:
Great rigs! Thanks!

Do you notice a difference using the clip's headphone out vs the ipods LOD

Absolutely. The iPod is a fuller, more musical sound, but with the highs a bit lacking and just a slight bit muddier at times.

The Clip is a cleaner and more even overall sound, but a bit lacking in depth and hmm..spaciousness maybe?

I am hoping that when I do the imod, I will get the best of both. I am hoping the ipod will sound a bit cleaner and have better treble response..
happy_face1.gif
 We will see!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back